Independent VRayLight Reflection Contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent VRayLight Reflection Contribution

Massive thanks for including the ability to control independently a light's specular contribution. Was my top wish. Any chance you could implement the same thing for its reflection contribution as well? Same 0-1 would be fantastic.

Extremely useful to have this ability.

Thanks,
    Alex York
    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
    www.atelieryork.co.uk

You want an additional mode (reflection) to be added to the light select render element ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Not quite, no. In the VRayLight itself we can currently control how strong the specular effect will be on the light independent of its multiplier, with the slider from 0-1. I would like the same control but for its Reflection component, so we can have lights very strong in the scene but control their reflection in other objects.

A good example is if you have some strong lights nicely lighting a promenade along a riverbank but their reflections are far too strong in the water. The water itself is reflecting everything else correctly and you don't want to reduce the reflection strength of the water material. So if you could simply drop the lights' Reflection Multiplier down to 0.5 or so that would work perfectly.

Hope that makes sense. Not in front of max right now so I can't take a screenshot of what I mean in the UI.
      Alex York
      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Thank you very much for the explanation. I will forward this request to our developers.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
          Thank you very much for the explanation. I will forward this request to our developers.
          Fantastic many thanks.
          Alex York
          www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X