Save/export VFB CC settings as a LUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save/export VFB CC settings as a LUT

It would be great to be able to save our your VFB CC settings as a LUT to share any looks you develop with your compositor. The CC controls in the VFB are great and I'd love to be able to save the setups. A LUT would make the most sense.Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_cc_testing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	881530

It would also be great if all your CC settings were saved with any image you save to your VFB history. Maybe even copy/paste all CC settings from one image in your history to another?

Comment

It makes sense... what file format would be most appropriate for that? An OCIO profile (not actually sure if this is possible, some research is needed) or .cube?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

.cube would be ideal since it's fairly universal

Comment

Vlado,

Just had another thought, I think it would be helpful to add a mix to the LUT input in the VFB. It would be great to be able to mix in your file LUT from 0-1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lut_mix.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	855691

Comment

Why would you ever need that?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

There is an expanding world of LUT files for purchase that emulate film looks. Of course, if you are in a film pipe you may get a LUT that you would never want to mix down. BUT, I've found some of these film look LUT files to be very useful in achieving unique grades. I use them frequently in Fusion. I also frequently mix them down so that they are not overpowering my images. I've been loading in the LUTs from the link below and getting really cool results, I just wish I had the control to mix them down.

http://helloluxx.com/product/prolut-...ading-presets/

Comment

Working...
              X