flowmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flowmap

it would be great if vray has a flowmap like mr (or iray) has.
    the curvature map is in development I think. so a flow map would be great too.
    It would also be great if you could combine the flowmap with the vraydistancetex, I have some ideas where this could be very handy.
    or/and combining a velocitymap with the vraydistancetex.

thanks for the effort.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

What does a flowmap do?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

good point.
      I mean somewhat like a dynamic map for mapping a river for example... here is the youtube video where I have seen something similar for MR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dCiO2nTJ4 (min 3:2
      I don't know how you could "catch" the flow of the river, maybe with reference splines or helpers. youknow I like the vraydistancetex the most. I like the idea of the dynamic map. where objects can influence the material or map. the possibilities are so enormous. so I would like to have more of such maps. I think the maps in max are so restricted, amd since years there's no new innovation. sometimes I think, man this could be made so much easier if I would have the right maps or materials... I know there is a workaround most of the time, but sometimes this way is much longer... so mapping or making a river in max where I need only the water surface moving is not an easy task in max. I mean a realistic water and wave behavior. and I don't want to simulate this for hours in phoenix, because I need only the surface.

best regards
      themaxxer
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

What is shown in that video is very similar as the Phoenix FD ocean texture, isn't it? It works without simulation.

There is OSL now, so if you can get someone to write those maps for you, they should work right away (and possibly in multiple render engines in the future).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X