Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera Shader to enable stereoscopic cubic panorama images like the Octane Renderer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Shader to enable stereoscopic cubic panorama images like the Octane Renderer?

<blockquote class="blockrow postcontent restore preview postcontainer forumcontent" id="yui-gen8" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 10px; overflow: hidden; font-stretch: normal; color: rgb(62, 62, 62);">Der Chaosgroup team,<br><br>I wonder if it would be possible to implement in Vray a stereoscopic setup or a&nbsp;<strong>camera shader&nbsp;</strong>that can create stereoscopic 360° cubic panoramas, without the task to render out slices and stitch them together. I have not much experience in the field of creating stereoscopic panoramas, I just recently started to have a look at this.<br>Would like to know if it would be possible in the future to implement a camera shader for Vray that works like the quite new one in the octane renderer.<br>The goal is to get then two vertical crosses, one for the left, and one for the right eye, with the stereo effect on all six sides. For me this sounds tricky, as the two cameras needs to be rotated around their center or a center slightly behind them and they need to be focused inwards by rotating or shifting (shearing).<br><br>And from a sequence of these vertical crosses, which could be layouted as 12 faces from top to bottom, one could create a 360 stereoscopic movie that can be read by the Samsung Gear VR. I have just seen this layout example of 12 faces top to bottom, but don't know how the Octane renderer has created them. If they first render internally two spherical panoramas with 1 degree per slice, 360 slices, stitch them and convert them afterwards to the cubemap format, or if they render just two box cameras every 90 degrees and warp the edges. Do you have any idea?<br><br>Kind regards<br><br>Robert</blockquote>
    Robert

Max, VRay, Fusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fSLrVzpxg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmJgTb_9Ro
Working...
X