Vray Focus setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Focus setting

I've been using Octane for sometime, pretty good renderer, there are a couple of things that would be awesome to implement into vray that Octane has. Actually these are features that I wanted way before Octane got popular.

1) Pick Focus Area - Lets you use an Eyedropper like pointer to pick the focus point for DOF on a the actual render or interactive RT render to be the focal point. This would be great to have especially in RT. In octane you can use autokey to even animate the DOF by choosing different points on different frames right on the interactive render.

2) Auto Focus - exactly what it says, been waiting for this forever. Octane has that too.

3) choose what info we can see on interactive RT renders - would be great to see how much actual vram we are using on our gpu along with other infos. Octane you can choose a lot and choose what and what not to see.

4) Accurate Material View - we NEED a more accurate view of our materials in Material editor, please create a more realistic view for us, maybe even something we can choose to run off our gpu so it can calculate faster. Check Theas, theres is great with different viewing model options for the materials

Any way, You guys like always are doing a great job!

All of these are somewhere on the "to do" list, but pretty low priority unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get to them soon.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Speaking of material previews - have you checked the new material editor in Maya 2016? Is something like that acceptable?

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Sorry Vlado I did not, I'm using 3dsmax. Thank you for the help. your doing a great job with vray!

Comment

I pretty much like the previews that the Vray Material Editor has. But I imagine it is not possible to bring that into Max own material editor, right?
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
            But I imagine it is not possible to bring that into Max own material editor, right?
            It's totally possible. Just some additional work is required.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              It's totally possible. Just some additional work is required.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I think what would be really cool would be able to have an option to have the sample size at different world scales and be able to cycle through these?

Sample-Size = 1mm, 1cm, 10cm, 1m, 10m, 100m, 1km (just to annoy those imperialist yanks )

As certain materials work completely different at small and large scales, fine bumps, coloured refractive/fog. This is one of my biggest gripes with the sample swatches in max, it's difficult to know what scale things are going to come out at, especially noise maps.
              Maxscript made easy....
              davewortley.wordpress.com
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                I think what would be really cool would be able to have an option to have the sample size at different world scales and be able to cycle through these?

Sample-Size = 1mm, 1cm, 10cm, 1m, 10m, 100m, 1km (just to annoy those imperialist yanks )

As certain materials work completely different at small and large scales, fine bumps, coloured refractive/fog. This is one of my biggest gripes with the sample swatches in max, it's difficult to know what scale things are going to come out at, especially noise maps.
                +infinity here
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                X