VRayIES Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayIES Texture

Hey, guys. Is there any way to add a feature where IES lights can have texture data coupled with it to make a gobo?

I really specifically need to use the data from here: https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/...mentation.aspx

I am trying to do a theatrical project and I really don't want to have to attempt to remake the IES data for the Source 4 fixture using a spot. Since the photometric data is supplied, is this possible? I would really, really, really, really appreciate it. If for some reason I'm missing something, please let me know but there is no way I can find to do this.

Thank you, guys. I look forward to seeing this. I know it's not a very requested feature, but I would use it constantly.
    Logan
    Omnia Mutantur
    logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
    -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    -GeForce GTX Titan X @ +200 GPU, +300 Memory x2 non-SLI
    -32GB RAM
    -Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

So what would this texture do? Modulate the light intensity depending on where in the scene the shading point is located?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey, Vlado. Thank you for the response. I apologize for the delay in mine. I was hanging fixtures for a couple days and making notes on how to explain this.

Please let me know if the image I am including helps. I am also including a quick video of a gobo spinner in action I am using so you see what I mean there. I really appreciate you being open and look forward to getting something worked out.

Thanks, Vlado, and keep it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRayIES-Proposal_LB-MA_06-22-15_Mk-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	856395VID_20120210_175548.zip

Edit: I am including this link to a DMX control package I use when the facility and equipment support it. It's all PC controls and should give a better example of some basic things.
      https://www.showmagic.com/
      Last edited by logan683; 24-06-2015, 02:14 PM.
      Logan
      Omnia Mutantur
      logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
      -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
      -GeForce GTX Titan X @ +200 GPU, +300 Memory x2 non-SLI
      -32GB RAM
      -Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Comment

Working...
      X