Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayHDRI blur

Hello,

it would be nice to be able to blur vrayhdri textures with a gaussian blur, or something similar.
    I often control environnement maps with some blur when i want blury reflections for instance

max standard blur is really bad, it creates big blurry pixels...

is there any way ?

thanks !

I'll see what can be done about it. Perhaps we can make the elliptical filtering work for environment maps.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This might be a bit of a dumb place to do it, and it might not be applicable to many other situations but I wonder would an unlinked x and y blur value allow for something like the convolve function that Paul Debevec's student was using for the sharpening and smoothing options when stretching those skin microdetail textures?

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        This might be a bit of a dumb place to do it, and it might not be applicable to many other situations but I wonder would an unlinked x and y blur value allow for something like the convolve function that Paul Debevec's student was using for the sharpening and smoothing options when stretching those skin microdetail textures?
        You need to also control the direction of the stretching...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure - I was going to try this by linking uv modifiers or even the map tiling controls into the facial rig since there's a different texture map needed for each of the five types of microdetail. I swear this won't get complicated to keep track of at all...

Comment

Working...
          X