VRayLightMtl + Multi/Sub-Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLightMtl + Multi/Sub-Object

I see from the manual that VRayLightMtl does not work properly when put int a Multi/Sub-Object material but that it might change in a future release. Is this a far away future or something that will happen soon? It would be nice to use this with Railclone objects.

Unfortunately at this point we can not provide a time range for this feature implementation.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Why does it not work properly?
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

It is just not implemented.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by borgb View Post
          I see from the manual that VRayLightMtl does not work properly when put int a Multi/Sub-Object material but that it might change in a future release. Is this a far away future or something that will happen soon? It would be nice to use this with Railclone objects.
          You could always use the self illumination of a standard V-Ray material. It's not as robust but might get the job done in most situations.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

So it doesn't illuminate in a multisub? But it's still 100% self illumination yeah?
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Works if you try using self illumination colour / map slot and the gi multiplier in the vray material - won't work as a direct light like the vray light material but might be okay for your uses?

Click image for larger version

Name:	multi_sub_light_self_illum_m2014_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	856493

multi_sub_light_self_illum_m2014_001.zip

Comment

I just posted a request for this feature too. Glad to see others requesting it as well. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X