Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB window to remember its last position on screen (multiple monitors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB window to remember its last position on screen (multiple monitors)

Currently, each time I close and open the VFB, it opens not where I last left it (with its previous size as well) but in the middle of my main monitor.

Is there a way of setting its position so as to be stored (as my other dialog boxes are, e.g. materials and render dialog box) so that each time I open up Max, the VFB will open where I prefer it to be (in my case on my third monitor) ?

Many thanks.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

+1 also when its maximized in whatever monitor each time you render it goes out of maximize mode...

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
      Currently, each time I close and open the VFB, it opens not where I last left it (with its previous size as well) but in the middle of my main monitor.
      For me it stays where it is. Are you maximizing the VFB?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

If I'm working on a scene, then yes, the VFB position is remembered and placed where it was last.

But if I start Max from scratch, an empty scene, then the VFB is placed in the centre of my main monitor and not at a size I usually use/expect. I can understand why, on startup, it was designed to do that.

But what I'd like, is when I start up Max, is for the VFB to go where I would normally have it, i.e. on my 3rd monitor and at the size I last set it. I have my Max windows (Render Dialog box, Materials Editor, etc) nicely arranged in their usual places and it'd be nice if the VFB could behave the same.
        Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
          +1 also when its maximized in whatever monitor each time you render it goes out of maximize mode...
          +1 to this

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
            But if I start Max from scratch, an empty scene, then the VFB is placed in the centre of my main monitor and not at a size I usually use/expect. I can understand why, on startup, it was designed to do that.
            Ok, I get it - you want the initial VFB position to be the same as the last time you used it?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Ok, I get it - you want the initial VFB position to be the same as the last time you used it?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Yes please, position and size
              Jez

Comment

+1 as well as the message window

Comment

Working...
                X