Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Rhino3d

Vray for Rhino3d - cheap and perfect for arch renderings

I second this one. We could use a good rendering option in Rhino.

Comment

I also use rhino for modelling

I also use rhino for modelling arch .. and it is usually ignored by everyone - also the big forums on the net ...
      but i think it is because it is exporting perfect files to integrate with bigger software packages ...
      I model in rhino and render in max ....
      The fact that rhino has NO render functions (without flamingo) is very limited, because Vray, as well as brazil, use the default max lights, changing the shadow methods .... in rhino, there are no lights with accurate parameters ...

Comment

Vray for rhino??? that would be EXCELLENT!!!

honestly, im really sick of flipping normals after exporting dwg into max already...well, that power translators is not that expensive, but then render rhino model directly using vray would be a dream come true, seriously...

Comment

I model 98% of my scene objects in Rhino. I would love it if VRay could be used with Rhino.
          Surreal Structures
          http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

i think you all know that brazil is ported to rhino.

i don´t know how this will affect a vray version for rhino.
            but i guess that mc neel will not spend time to code a vray bridge too.

Comment

maybe he will when more people realize how bad brazil is at rendering interiors with alot of bounce lighting. Of course who knows, maybe brazil will fix that in the future.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

brazil 2.0 will have irradiance map too.
                not sure about lightmaps.

but imo rhino is more used for production design and such stuff and not so much for arch. renderings.

Comment

...but imo rhino is more used for production design and such stuff and not so much for arch. renderings.
                  But production design could certainly benefit from VRay couldn't it?

Like I said, I model 98% of my stuff for arch. viz. in Rhino.
                  Surreal Structures
                  http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

But production design could certainly benefit from VRay couldn't it?

of course.
                    but the same is true for brazil and brazil for rhino is under development already!

it was a reply to percydaman´s statement that brazil is not the best choice for interiors (and i agree).

Comment

Being able to render in VRay from Rhino would be huge for us too. It would cut down our workflow time 30% or so.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X