Don´t antialias against background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don´t antialias against background

Don´t antialias against background (in Max´ preferences for those who don´t know where to find this switch) doesn´t work with Vray.
    I need this feature very often for bitmap game graphics.
    Getting rid of AA in PShop is dirty and time consuming.

If there´s a way of achieving this effect with the current Release (or internal test version) please let me know.

If not, a switch in Vray´s antialiasing settings rollout would be cool.

Stefan
    Stefan Kubicek
    www.keyvis.at

How about rendering as a TGA with premultipy turned off?

Comment

I´ve been thinking about this as well and tried it but of course would still antialias against the background. There should be no AA at all on the edges. Any other suggestions?

Stefan
      Stefan Kubicek
      www.keyvis.at

Comment

would unchecking object outline in the AA settings work?

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

That was my first shot but have a look here:

Copied from the actual helpfile: at http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRay...agesampler.htm

Object outline - this will cause the image sampler to always supersample object edges (regardless of whether they actually need to be supersampled). This option has no effect if DOF or motion blur is on.

But thanks anyway

Stefan
          Stefan Kubicek
          www.keyvis.at

Comment

oouch ..that's serious!

I think this is a must have for a renderer, because without that feature a renderer is nearly useless for the game industry.

anyway, try a actionscript: posterize the alphachannel in photoshop and use this as selection to cutout the RGB channel.... you may have to shrink the selection.

dunno, but wir können das mal bei einem bier besprechen!
            www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Working...
            X