Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Cuda and Memory used

Hi there,

So I have looked around but I could not find a datum on this. So if this already exists, someone tell me. Otherwise it may be part of the wishlist.

But is there a place on VRay where I can find how much memory is the GPU using in CUDA mode? I saw there is a way in Open CL, but what about CUDA? That way, I can see whether I'm just wasting my time with the scene or there is some problem when my system just hangs there and does not give me an image.

Thank you!
    Alex

Use nvinspector , or open hardware monitor. Those (and many other similar) will give you live statistics of gpu load, memory usage, temperature, power consumption etc...

Comment

Also, we do print how many memory is used for textures, geometry, light cache, etc in the log, so you can check that too.
      Your system should never hangs and if it does it will be best to send scene to support@chaosgroup.com (or to blagovest.taskov@chaosgroup.com) so we can take a look. If you have troubles with the system responsiveness when you are using V-Ray RT GPU, make sure to take a look at http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3/GPU+Rendering (Balancing the GPU load).
      V-Ray fan.
      Looking busy around GPUs ...
      RTX ON

Comment

Working...
      X