Vray for Zbrush PLEASE... just kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Zbrush PLEASE... just kidding

It seems a lot of people are asking for Vray for their favorite 3D package. What I would suggest is that you contact people that already have a standalone rendering engine, see if they can make a translater. Such as MentalRay, or Prman.

Also, make sure that your 3D package, rino, cinema4D, whatever... supports having a 3rd party rendering engine... if it doesn't, you are out of luck.

But speaking of Z Brush... wow what a package. Under the hands of an expert (which I am not), it has to be the most powerful organic modeler in the world by a LONG shot.

Zbrush is awesome. I just with they would release a version with a good interface and all the 2D stuff removed. For all of us that are primarily iterested in using it for detailing and texturing. I would gladly pay extra to "downgrade"
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

yeap... their learning curve is worse then Houdini

Comment

that joke about Houdini is good one Chris

egz: I would like to have old command prompt of my Wavefront back to animate and model on a Irix station ( not workstation ) without a graphics card - just write code and after several days can see what I "created"

jan

Comment

p.s.: Chris, have u tried to convince Cody H. to switch on Max+Vray

Comment

Jan:

I seriously think the user interface of Zbrush is painfully annoying, and the program is full of 2D things I will never use

Comment

Those 2d tools are quite handy when doing texture maps for the models, and even more so if used through the projection master utility. The main problem lies in that not only have they totally reinvented the ui, they have also made their own ui logic. It is this logic part that is giving me grey hairs, but once i start modeling it sails along nicely. Maybe we can post on the pixologic forum for someone to write a zscript with a "as close as possible to Max" custom ui arangement for us
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

p.s.: Chris, have u tried to convince Cody H. to switch on Max+Vray
                hmmm... how do you know Cody? from Prague? I've demoed Vray and he is blown awy by the speed... as is anyone who sees it for the first time.

Comment

Those 2d tools are quite handy when doing texture maps for the models, and even more so if used through the projection master utility. The main problem lies in that not only have they totally reinvented the ui, they have also made their own ui logic. It is this logic part that is giving me grey hairs, but once i start modeling it sails along nicely. Maybe we can post on the pixologic forum for someone to write a zscript with a "as close as possible to Max" custom ui arangement for us
                  I should have worded it differently I guess. I love having the 2D tools and the Projection master. It's the whole pixol deal I don't like. The 2.5D stuff. I'm sure it is great for producing art directly inside Zbrush, but I'm not interested in that, and it gets in the way of what I want to use Zbrush for. It's too easy to accidentaly drop out of Edit tool mode and have your tool converted to pixols. At least it is now, while I'm still learning it, and it gets frustrating. Imagine if Excel insited on converting everything to bitmaps all the time...

Zbrush would be great for my use if they just removed all the pixol stuff made it like the Edit tool mode only. Oh, and the view rotation interface is awful the way it is now

Comment

Ah...then I agree 100%
                    I have been having exactly those issues while trying to get to grips with it as well
                    Signing out,
                    Christian

Comment

Working...
                    X