Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnold AlShader equivalent in Vray , possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold AlShader equivalent in Vray , possible?

Hi there,

I played a bi with the alshader for Arnold and I found that the the and hair ( especially the sss ) is much better then in Vray. It definetely use much more advanced algorythm .

http://anderslanglands.com/alshaders/index.html

Is there a way for you guy's to get the code of that and implement an equivalent in Vray ?

The SSS is pretty much the same as VRayFastSSS2/VraySkinMtl. Hair is pretty much the same as VRayHairMtl. There is nothing substantially different in the Arnold shaders.

You can get somewhat better SSS results in V-Ray using VRayScatterVolume material.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Than ks for the reply vlado.

SSS in Alshader ( not the one that come with Arnold... (not good..) is pretty cool. First, when you play with the other sss layer, like epidermal etc it dont mess up the overall coloration like with the vray skin, also, even you push the sss strongly you have almost nogreenish occuring and also in the shadow its more redish then in Vray.

Taht said, I checked the vray scatter volume mtl and I noticed you added the possibility to add maps, wich is really good, I'm doing test right now, blending it with a std vray mtl.. and some other test with sss2 to see what I can get out of it, already have some cool result, will have to compare if I get better result then with the sss2 alone.

You think >I can get more accurate result with the vray scatter volume for the skin then the sss2 ? Do you have a scene to share?

EDIT :I noticed that the week point with the vray scatter volume used for skin, is the back scattering, like especially visible in the ears, wich they became crisp transparent in some part, we feel the translucency, I now added some refraction with a gloss of ,3 to see if it's attenuating those sharp lines in the ears... any tips on that? (also, the ears when back lighted is not getting red enought, too much orange yellowish.. )

Edit : AlHair also have moprecontrol over the hair reflection and has a melanin control wich is cool!
      Last edited by Bigguns; 10-12-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I treid to get realistic skin with the vray scatter volume.. but it's impossible. It darken the render a lot compared ot the sss2.. the sss look strange in kind of bluish on some angle, the shadows of the nose, show's less density showing that the nostril shadows are less dark then the rest cause fo the scattered sss..looks wrong for skin,etc etc. No more would be done in the skin departement? Quantized diffusion .. no? I would like the feel of the skin in Vray to be as good as in Arnold with the ALshader.. try it and compare it to vray you'll see what I mean, and there is a lot more control in Alshader.
        Last edited by Bigguns; 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Valdo, I think the best solution for having a good skin mtl, would be to make the skin mtl not alterate the overall diffuse coloration when tweaking the 3 subsurface layers like I told you last time and..and none the less, a control to be able to control the amount of deep scattering ONLY in the shadowed area..( to make it have more red in the shadow region and not just on the edge of the transition..it would helpo TREMENDOUSLY to get a more real life skin that feels alive.. ) tell me if you can do these 2 ? I you can, I'm sure it would be the best skin out there , would just be missing the first layer as a refractive glossy one to see the fur going throught the skin..
          Last edited by Bigguns; 10-12-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X