VRay Automatic DR Disactivation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Automatic DR Disactivation?

I think this already somewhat works in DR, but not sure if it works 100%. When I send a render to a machine with DR activated, I know it will not use those slaves that are already in progress rendering something, but I'm not sure DR stops using that slave when a new job gets sent to that slave. So, in case this thread makes any sense and in case this is not already happening, perhaps a way for VRay to automatically stop DRing a machine when a new job gets sent to that machine? I have had it where both, the DR and the new job both go slow because they are trying to use the same machine power.

If this is already enabled and works, then great, please let me know and disregard my wish.

best
    alex

Just exclude local vray spawner from rendering on machine with back burner server. In render settings. And then don't save the slave list with files sent to back burner.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
      Just exclude local vray spawner from rendering on machine with back burner server. In render settings. And then don't save the slave list with files sent to back burner.
      But what about if half way through the job which is already DRing all of my slaves, I want to send something to another slave? Can I quit Spawner for that slave? I think I did that in another job and the job crashed mid rendering and I had to restart it.

Comment

Than run second back burner server and turn off spawner on that machine.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Working...
        X