Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expose VrayVolumeGrid path in the Asset Tracking

As stated in the subject,
    it would be nice to have the VrayVolumeGrid cache path exposed in the Asset Tracking window as VrayProxy.
    Cheers,

fede
    KCTOO - Directors

+1

*padding*
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Ok, will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Btw, should it list all caches for the entire animation?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Btw, should it list all caches for the entire animation?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I'm not sure i got this?
          I was thinking a path like vrayproxys already do.
          I'm asking this because i usually sim on a local machine then transfer on the servers just the frames i need for the farm to pick up, but once i do this i have to manually change every volumegrid... of course with a small script i can do this but i imagined having them in the asset tracking would be quite easy since proxys already have them.
          Btw every time i'm amazed by your support, you guys really rock, once again.
          Cheers,

fede
          KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Well normally, the volume grid uses one cache file per frame (f.e. field3D caches). Should we list in the asset tracker all the files for all the frames in the animation (f.e. ffx_test_0000.f3d, ffx_test_0001.f3d, ffx_test_0002.f3d etc) or just the file for the current frame?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Well normally, the volume grid uses one cache file per frame (f.e. field3D caches). Should we list in the asset tracker all the files for all the frames in the animation (f.e. ffx_test_0000.f3d, ffx_test_0001.f3d, ffx_test_0002.f3d etc) or just the file for the current frame?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Ahhhh i see, i've always worked with sim from houdini so vdb files but i guess they work in a similar fashion.
              I say it'd be better to just see one path string "name.####.vdb/f3d", otherwise it would send the asset tracking crazy i guess.

Btw on a semi-related subject, i can open a separeted thread if you prefer: when i import an alembic file that has one file per frame with vrayproxy (name.####.abc), it works fine in the scene and at rendertime, but it gives an error when opening the scene because of course a file specifically named something.####.abc doesn't exist. The VrayVolumeGrid doesn't suffer from this even if it loads file in a similar way.
              KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Is the VRayVolumeGrid (Phoenix Grid) still editable in Asset Tracking?

It is desirable that the name.####.vdb still appears in Asset Tracking.​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                oakcorp.net
                v-ray.jp

Comment

Hey,

Support for the VRayVolumeGrid and the Phoenix simulators in the Asset tracker is already in the to do list. Adding one more vote for it.

Thanks!
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Working...
                  X