Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish i can get an authorization code sometime soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish i can get an authorization code sometime soon.

I complained about this in another part of the forum, but this is a wish place, so i figured i would wish for this, since it doesnt seem like its comming true.

Heres the story...I fried a motherboard..and a harddrive crashed. I reinstalled the OS after i received a new mother board, and harddrive. I reinstalled all my programs, and vray.1.09.n (i think) This took about a week out of my time. Then I sent an email on the 29th of June, for an auth code.
    Sent another on the 1st of july. No response yet.

I figured that there is a backlog of Auth becuase of the new BETA!!! release. But I would think that people who are using the nonbeta version would get the new codes first. Well I was wrong. I decided to install the new beta in hopes that I would be able to get a auth code faster, but still nothing.

I am now 2 weeks behind. 1 week becuase of hardware, and another becuase of a damn f'n auth code.

getting pissed-

tlo

ohh yeah, second part of the wish, make the auth process automated.

a grace period in the auth scheme would also be helpful for occasions like these.....kinda like max's license....

paul.

Comment

I have to agree with you. I'm waiting for an authcode to. I wanted to use the beta for the render passes on a film effect test I'm being paid to do. I knew I'd have to wait over the weekend but now its been nearly a week and I've haven't gotten it.

I don't buy the that it takes so long to get authorization because there have been a lot of requests. Isn't the code request just put in a program which spits out another number for authorization. Last time it only took a day!

I need my license!

V. Miller

Comment

This forum has over 10000 members. Now lets say only 20% of those members have requested authorization for the new beta. That is still 2000 requests. For each request I assume they have to check the validity of the request in their customer database before generating a key, and maybe they have some other routines to do as well. Even if they were able to get each request done in one minute it would still take 33 working hours to complete this. It is impossible for anyone to do this at 100% efficiency throughout an entire day, so I can understand that it takes time. For one person it would probably not be possible to get through all the requests in a normal work week. And as far as I know they have only one person handling the requests.

So I think the idea of an automated system sounds like a great idea! I hope they will consider it. At least for the next big release, these things should be constructed with care and that takes time too. It would save them a lot of work (and expenses, people don't work free), and it would save the users a lot of waiting.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Isn't that what interns are for?

V Miller

Comment

I like the idea of having the plugin refer to demo status until the proper auth code had been inserted. If they dont insert the auth code then it expires after so many days.

I think a faster method of handing out codes is going to become VERY necessary in the future if they intend on vray becoming more popular.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Well i don't know why it should take so long, we requested a code on 2 july and Tedi reacted within the hour, we requested the code for the second license on 5 july and again a reaction within the hour.

Maybe you should let your mail software send you a reply to verify that your mail has been opened, it just could happen that they did'nt get your mail.

Erik
              A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

Re: I wish i can get an authorization code sometime soon.

I complained about this in another part of the forum, but this is a wish place, so i figured i would wish for this, since it doesnt seem like its comming true.

Heres the story...I fried a motherboard..and a harddrive crashed. I reinstalled the OS after i received a new mother board, and harddrive. I reinstalled all my programs, and vray.1.09.n (i think) This took about a week out of my time. Then I sent an email on the 29th of June, for an auth code.
                Sent another on the 1st of july. No response yet.
                We never got an email from you - just checked several times. Your last email is from May 12th. Please, send me a private message, write to me directly at vlado@chaossw.com, or call us at one of the phone numbers provided in the email with your login data for our site.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, For reasons like this my second wish still would be nice.

Plus it will save time for you/teddi from having to deal with 90% of this stuff.

something like 2 automated auth codes via internet, after that, must contact Chaos for new auth code.

Thats what Autodesk does, and for the most part I think it works well.

Travis

Comment

Working...
                  X