"Lock" mouse tracking while rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lock" mouse tracking while rendering

What would be cool is if we had some way of "locking" the mouse in position while rendering with mouse tracking active.

Background:
    Sometimes I want to render and do it via mouse tracking on a certain area, but since it still renders kinda slow I want to browse the internet, or work on some other stuff on that machine, and if I drag my mouse away, the tracking naturally follows. I don't know a way to implement - maybe doubleclick on the mouse position to lock? or Shift+Click? Dunno. I guess it's not worth a button and it wouldn't make sense anyways since I'd have to move my mouse to click said button.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

+1 maybe a key press + mouse click to lock/unlock the position.

Comment

Why not just add the functionality directly in the "mousefollow" button? If you LMB in the vfb canvas, it locks it self there until you press again within the vfb canvas.

Comment

+1 here too

Funny enough I was just thinking about this very topic on Tuesday and wishing I could lock the render point down so I could have it start rendering in a certain place but keep working on other stuff as it does
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

hi, a coligue of mine showed me a little thing he does in this case. He just puts his mouse where he wants it and just alt+tab's to openet browser
          Hope i understood your problem...

Comment

Thats a neat little work around, I had a bit of a struggle at first but as long as another window pops up over it you can then move the window and it stays rendering where the mouse last was. Thank you.

Originally posted by tambyra View Post
            hi, a coligue of mine showed me a little thing he does in this case. He just puts his mouse where he wants it and just alt+tab's to openet browser
            Hope i understood your problem...
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
              Thats a neat little work around, I had a bit of a struggle at first but as long as another window pops up over it you can then move the window and it stays rendering where the mouse last was. Thank you.
              Glad it works for you.

Comment

Working...
              X