Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Multiply and RGB Tint for RT GPU

Hi,

I am curious why these two super simple maps are not supported by V-Ray GPU. Multiplying two colors and scaling RGB channels should not be anything too complicated to implement on GPU. Especially RGB Multiply is the one I am using very often, and when I occasionally decide to try GPU, I often get stopped at error message that RGB multiply is not supported. It's in many of my materials and I don't usually feel like replacing them all with something else than GPU supports, so I usually just give up trying V-Ray GPU altogether.

The VRayCompTex set to multiply should work though?
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Originally posted by Rens View Post
      The VRayCompTex set to multiply should work though?
      Eeeexactly what I wrote in my first post. It's not a problem to find a replacement, it's a problem to replace them all every time I switch to GPU. There's no reason to not support so easy to implement maps.

Comment

Hi,

We have added support for RGB Tint in 3.5. What is the V-Ray version installed on your workstation?
        RGB Multiply is still not supported and I will make a note in our system about it.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
          Hi,

We have added support for RGB Tint in 3.5. What is the V-Ray version installed on your workstation?
          RGB Multiply is still not supported and I will make a note in our system about it.
          Hi,

I got 3.5, I just haven't checked for RGB tint support, as I did not know it changed. Happy to see it supported. Hopefully, support for RGB Multiply will be trivial

Comment

Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
            Hi,

I got 3.5, I just haven't checked for RGB tint support, as I did not know it changed. Happy to see it supported. Hopefully, support for RGB Multiply will be trivial
            Will post here when RGB multiply node is in the support list
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Having found this post when searching for RGB Tint in Vray NEXT GPU, I gather it used to be supported in 3.5 and now it isn't in NEXT? I really hope this can be a priority add. I have hundreds of X-frog plants that use the RGB Tint map and it is really a hassle to have to go in and modify them in order to use NEXT GPU. Please?

Comment

Working...
              X