Vraymultisubtex cycle through a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraymultisubtex cycle through a loop

I was wondering if it would be possible to make vraymultisubtex to behave like the multi/subobject material in 3ds max? At least as an optional checkbox.
    To explain what I mean - I have a vraymultisubtex with 3 textures for ids 1 2 and 3. What I want is so that when I render an object with material id that is larger than the number of slots in the multisubtex, ie id 4 - multisubtex cycles back to 1, when I render something with matid 5, it cycles back to 2, render mat id 6 - cycles back to 3, etc. Sort of keeps looping them over and over again just like the regular Multi/Sub-Object material does.

I'm rendering hundreds of frames with animated material IDs and using the multisubtex to add some variation to the shaders. It would be enough to add just a few textures and keep looping through them, but vraymultisubtex just goes through the list and then when it doesn't have the appropriate slots anymore, reverts to the default texture.

Have you thought about using the multi subobject map?

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...RayMultiSubTex

[Sorry, just reread the bottom of your post. My bad. Guessing you'll have to use a random assignment not based on the material ID, or maybe nest another multisubmap in the default, then use a random assignment in that...]
    Last edited by benb32; 24-02-2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
      I was wondering if it would be possible to make vraymultisubtex to behave like the multi/subobject material in 3ds max? At least as an optional checkbox.
      To explain what I mean - I have a vraymultisubtex with 3 textures for ids 1 2 and 3. What I want is so that when I render an object with material id that is larger than the number of slots in the multisubtex, ie id 4 - multisubtex cycles back to 1, when I render something with matid 5, it cycles back to 2, render mat id 6 - cycles back to 3, etc. Sort of keeps looping them over and over again just like the regular Multi/Sub-Object material does.

I'm rendering hundreds of frames with animated material IDs and using the multisubtex to add some variation to the shaders. It would be enough to add just a few textures and keep looping through them, but vraymultisubtex just goes through the list and then when it doesn't have the appropriate slots anymore, reverts to the default texture.
      It can be added, will make a note about it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        It can be added, will make a note about it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Fantastic! Thanks Vlado

Comment

Working...
        X