Vray for Cinema4d?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Cinema4d?

Wondering if there's any plans to integrate Vray with Cinema in the near future, or at all, since Vray interior rendering/arcviz has been a topic of debate on some cinema boards for a while, and Cinema R9 looks set to become an arcviz powerhouse. It would be surprising if Vray can match the speed of Cinema's high speed raytracer/radiosity algorithms, but it does seem to have a quality edge over it when it comes to ultrareal renders, and some of us could really do with having a second renderer with a different look.

Is this a possibility at all, or is Vray staying Max only?

Re: Vray for Cinema4d?

(...) It would be surprising if Vray can match the speed of Cinema's high speed raytracer/radiosity algorithms (...)
    I haven't tried C4D R9 yet, but in it's earlier versions ( R7 and R8 ), the raytracer/radiosity engine was much, much slower than Vray's.

From what I've read, there are no plans for integrating VRay to C4D for the moment. There is the VRay.exe project (a standalone version of the renderer) with plans for connexions to many animation packages, starting from Alias Maya. Maybe C4D is on the list too, but not for some time I suppose.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

As far as I remember the C4D gi engine is an older version of FinalRender.
      So, it´s not slow... but Vray is very much faster !!

Comment

I have recently come from C4D, and I must admit that I loved using the program. It's interface was fantastic.

I think its main setback, is its rendering engine (I'm not yet familiar with vray , so I can't compare rendering speeds), however the renders seem much crisper in Vray than C4D. If C4D adopted vray or mental ray, I don't think I would have considered changing.

Now I'm forced to learn max.... eeek.
        Is vray available for Maya yet?

Comment

What puzzles me is that even though many have asked this question on various 3D forums, "chaos" has not yet commented on this issue.
          Since the Vray exe project is underway, it would be nice from "chaos" to say if they are willing or planning to make a connection with cinema 4D.

On the other hand, maxwellrender, has announced a project roadmap that includes C4D, LW and Houdini compatibility. That alone has made many Cinema users preorder, or at least plan to order, maxwellrender.
          I am not comparing Vray with maxwellrender, I'm just mentioning this fact.

I personally am very happy with C4D, but I would consider buying an external renderer for my archiviz and car projects.

Just my 2 EUROS

Comment

I checked out 9 also, readiosity(gi) is slow, and problematic in many cases (for example when u have only sunlight) (animation I didnt even consider)
            However if u dont need gi, I can honesly say all other package are in big trouble regarding rendering. For example I just cant believe how can be antialiasing so fast? I converted an interior into 3ds and get into c4d and tested. The cd4 shading is the most beautiful I think. Just put a plane and a sphere place a light hit render and enjoy the view.

Comment

I think a lot of people underestimate C4D. I have been involved in producing some fantastic imagery with C4D, but an external renderer would be a tremendous boost to the program.

Anyway, it is too late for me now, as my new company does not use Cinema4D. . But alas, it's great to see some fans of C4D out there. I thought I was the only one. Thanks for sharing.

It would be nice if someone from 'chaos' could give feedback regarding any future involvement with C4D. A simple "not a chance" would satisfy my curiousity.

Comment

as has been mentioned vray will come as a standalone. Making the conenction between different modelers should be somewhat trivial compared to implementing it as a plugin to the hosts. Im sure users can make there own conenction via SDKs etc.

Comment

I'm sorry to have exhausted the topic.

I have just been reading other forums, and discovered that every man and his dog seems to want a connection between Vray and Cinema4D.

Would you mind sending me a link, so I can read about this standalone version?

I'd be interested to find out more.

Comment

dont be sorry. after rereading my post it could sound a bit shortheaded but thats moslty because english is not my first language.

if you where referring to my post at all...

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=7490

that should keep you busy the next hour or two

Comment

Don't be silly. Your english is very good.
                      I'm embarrassed to admit that English is my primary languge. I went over to Italy and France with my wife last year. I am incapable of speaking another language. I had to resort to pointing and sign language to find my way around.

thanks for the link. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X