Reflection falloff end distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection falloff end distance

I dont want to interrupt the 1.5 development, but I thought of one thing missing in vray:

In scanline raytracing material, under the "Raytracer Controls" you have an option called "Falloff end Distance". It would be nice to have something like this in vray to, maybe even more advanced

-Tom

What can it do that a normal falloff map or a combination of different falloff maps can't do?

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

i believe its sort of a max distance that a reflection ray will travel before it is flagged as not hitting something, and i guess then looks up in the envieronment map..

didn't find it terribly useful personally back in the day...
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Maybe I tested the faloff thing in scanline too briefly, but what I am aiming for is the reflection to fade with distance from an object..

Imagine a plane with an object on it, the reflection of the object wil fade away with distance, almost like glossys but without the blur and instead fading...

And Thomas: this can be done with falloffs, problem is that you cant have multiple objects selected in a distance falloff...and imagine the headache if you needed say 20 objects reflecting each other..

-Tom

Comment

Working...
        X