Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray exe plugins to external applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray exe plugins to external applications?

hi everybody,

we are doing architectural visualisation using cinema 4d. it is very fats and nice but we like very much what we see in the development of vray.

are there any plans to release a bridge to cinema 4d after the release for maya?

we would buy vray immedeatly if it would be available for cinema 4d.
    from what i saw from other cinema forums, i am not the only one....

hope this will happen

cheers

lllab

Hi

The Vray Standalone version is still in very early beta stage's .. so there is no final release date as yet.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yes i know its in early beta,

but i meant if there are any plans for other apps than maya and 3ds in the timerange from, lets say 1-1.5 years?

cheers

thanks

lllab

Comment

Yah, as so many C4D users are desperate to see the connection between Vray and C4D, it should be a very big market.

Now, C4D has opened its SDK to the third party renders ( http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=183467 ), hope there be a
        C4D version Vray in the near future!

Comment

i am sure that if vray - exe is published then there will be plug-ins for many 3d packages.

if there is a Vray.exe , then , it is just a thing about implenting the standalone - programm into you 3d - application with a (more or less) complicated plug-in.

developing a standalone raytracer has to be planned very well , and a very difficult process. but developing plug-ins for the application is then rather easy .

or, am i not right?

Comment

You can write an exporter from c4d to the vray scene file format, which is a text file that you can hand down to the standalone version of vray. There will be more info on that soon.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

sounds very good.

in cinema v9 there is also a sdk fpor external renderings.
              how deep can such a connection be?

are all the connections the same, with the textfile? i mean to maya, max or cinema, lightwave, modo etc....

will i have to texture in the 3d app or in vray exe?

thanks for info,m
              what i see from featurelist of vray1.5 it looks very promising!

cheers
              stefan
              lllab

Comment

the vray-fileformat is exported from any 3d-application ( if there is an expoorter ) . the vray-format is a new fileformat which , similar to FBX*format or *.max(3d studio-format) , has all needed information inside:

camera-movement, objekt-geometry, UV-sets and texture linking . lights and their information (intensity, color+ special attributes for advanced lightning). skeleton animation , vertex animation, different possibilities for binding objects , "baked" information on dynamic objects. it will be ( i guess ) like a shading-language describing all kinds of happenings in a scene (like a artificial studio) and their materialinformations such as reflectivity of objects and so on.....

you can programm (develope) the plugin for cinema4d , then - of course - you can simply generate a picture by clicking on the render button.

potential coders can ask (i guess) to participate , if they are experienced plugin-coders for their favorite 3d-application ... make this world dream

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                  There will be more info on that soon.

Vlado
                  Any further news?

Comment

can not wait for C4d + Vray!!!
                    www.ixor3d.com - VFX & 3D Anim
                    Renderfarm Control & Monitor Software

Comment

just to warm up the thing and sending greetings from vienna:
                      http://www.vrayforc4d.com

So lllab did it!

Peter, Vlado - this is worth an announcement!
                      www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Working...
                      X