Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a macOSX version in any of your future plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a macOSX version in any of your future plans?

Does chaos plan to release a MacOSX version of the standalone Vray in the future?
    thx

Would like to know more about it too..!

Thanks

Comment

it would be a good idea !!! and a linux too....
      http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

... and a Amiga Version... and a C64 Version... .

seriously?

Well, guess why using Linux or OsX if 3dsmax isn't running on it.... maybe a standalone Version....

robert

Comment

OF course a standalone version, 3dsmax will not on other operating system than this f****** windows. When Vray will be able for maya, i switch to maya and linux and keep os x for video editing. So a maya plug for maya os x give me a full capacity to render on all my computers... :P

One day i made a dream....
          http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

i want one on XBOX too...

Comment

Originally posted by ezrhythm
              LOL good one.

Comment

Then just prey for a mac version and for Microsoft's Xbox 2, which will probably be using the same PPC processor as in our mac desktops..

No use for trolling, we are just looking for info because we are interested in it's qualities. If there is a need for a good and fast renderer for the mac 3d community, it can be interesting for both mac users and chaos software..

But they probably already have their point of view on the question and surely will answer more professionally to it!

Comment

ok... we got G5 here... 23inch TFT screen.... i love it, is beautiful, did i say anything about MAC??? i mentioned XBOX... you know, they ran LINUX and WINDOZ stuff on it... maybe next challenge is VRAY!!!!

Comment

no no nokia version can be much better.
                    that way i can render while i am mobile.

Comment

MacOSX... hmm let me think....
                      wasn´t it the disabled brother of Linux
                      ah no.. sorry it was that flatdesigner OS with that handy 1 finger mouse.
                      So.. it ´s still in service ? I can´t believe

Well.. I think top priority should have a portion to Elks... so that
                      we can use our old 386´s again !

Comment

tokiop, you are kinda agressive... calm down. I know you feel left out, nothing i can do... if u wanna do serious 3D, get PC... and you can still make brochures and other 2D stuff on MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by tokiop
                          Then just prey for a mac version and for Microsoft's Xbox 2, which will probably be using the same PPC processor as in our mac desktops..

No use for trolling, we are just looking for info because we are interested in it's qualities. If there is a need for a good and fast renderer for the mac 3d community, it can be interesting for both mac users and chaos software..

But they probably already have their point of view on the question and surely will answer more professionally to it!
                          Three points:

1. XBox 2 comes with the PPC, but that doesn't say anything that it's not supported by windows. The PPC is not a Mac wonder it's IBM and it's used by all kind of system. Well, just check the performance on you G5 with Linux, it will let you kick out you playtoy OsX.

2. max 3d community: Never heared of that.

I think in different to windows user that are more open mind at different OS systems MAC user are a little more like a religous group... Hm, maybe they do all the Virus stuff.

3. A Linus Version is the only nice to have thing for a standalone, as it's the only OS that seams to have advantages above Windows.

PS: My girlfrend looks nice too, but I don't want to have Vray run on here....

Regards,

robert

Comment

lmao...

Comment

I'm not agressive, I'm just really not interested in a flamme topic pc vs mac, and really interested if vray solds out for my computer..

I dont think computers are gods, i just feel better on a mac. If one time i feel bored because it's performance/usability are not good, or because there is some programs that are not aviable (vray), then i'll swich to PC.. i don't see where is the problem..

PS: My girlfrend looks nice too, but I don't want to have Vray run on here....

Comment

Working...
                              X