Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin shader

Vlado, you like competions?

How about that:... an animateable Skinshader like Pixar has or Mentalray or....

Yes, I think that would be really needed.

We couldn't achive the same speedy result with Vray as with MR's skin shader in out tests..

robert

I second this, but after 1.5
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I hope to see this too. The other major renderers have one. I imagine that for artist rendering human like characters, that could be a deciding factor in which renderer to go with.

Comment

i personally dont like seperate shaders idea.
        i like the vray the way it is. but, it can come with a good set of material library.

Comment

Yup, second this too. What i really would like to see is a very simple and fast to use SSS Shader directly embedded in the Vray Material System (*hint* *hint* )
          Maybe with a smart way to handle our own presets would be cool too so we can grab those presets directly within the Material. (would like that for other materials too.

I made SSS tests with Vray and other renderers as well. (Look at Brazils Shader, Project Messiah, mental ray - they have good ones.) Most of the time they performed better in this particular task. Hope Vray will get a cool SSS Shader after 1.5.
          Sascha Geddert
          www.geddart.de

Comment

Vray is my favorite renderer, even though MR is now integrated into max.

I agree Vray SSS is lacking, I have tried to get comparable results to MR's
            fake SSS "fast skin" shader with Vray for quite some time
            (humanoid characters are my thing). Brazil's skin shader looks good and
            final render has fast, good SSS. Maybe it is because Vrays SSS is only
            one bounce?

But If it is a VraySkinMtl or just better SSS, I think the interest in this
            forum proves a solution is desired by many. But even if Vray remains
            the only major renderer without this capability, it is still probably the
            fastest.

Comment

Working...
            X