Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A DR *Script* to make it usable in multi-artist houses..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A DR *Script* to make it usable in multi-artist houses..

Heres a simple idea that might work out, and should be easy to implement, but i wanted some feedback

When sending a render with distributed rendering checked, I would like to SHOW that this is happening.. preferably without having to yell across the room at Frank to let him know.

So:

When rendering with DR on, have a callback that sends a job to backburner at the same time.

The new backburner job could be the System name sending the DR render, along with a tag "DR_RENDER" on the end..

the job would be sent suspended.. (Down the road feature: see bottom)

and would have included in the job the machines that you have checked in your DR box in the render dialog..

have a post render callback that deletes the job..

This would give a centralized place to CHECK to see what is going on in the farm.. and allow people to be sure that its CLEAR to send a render.

More ideas.. not so useful at the moment.
    Down the Road: you could send the placeholder job active, low priority number, with a 'pause' render job.. to 'break' the currently rendering job, and allow the DR job to continue.. or mabye a way to shut down the backburner server for the target dr machines for the duration of the render..
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

i think a simple way to solve many problems woud be to make DR compatible with backburner. i'd like to be able submit a DR job as any other job.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

True, but theres a lot more in the way of design issues with getting it to work with backburner.. i'm more currently looking for a way of coordinating farm usage.

but yes, agreed.. being able to queue up 3 or 4 DR renders would be nice.. but personally i dont have enough trust in that DR will work perfectly every time yet enough to be able to leave it go in a queue... only experience will tell!

Comment

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buck47...back_remove.ms

Comment

And heres one that parses through the vray_dr.cfg file and only sends the backburner job to the machines you are using for the current DR..

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buck47...ck_detailed.ms

So far it works nicely.. my only beef is that the script needs to have Queue control to delete the job, and if someone else already has it, there will be a few second pause after the rendering while the scripts is waiting to get control..

Its certainly not foolproof... but its a good place to start

Comment

Working...
          X