No announcement yet.

real sun/skylight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have luck recreating these color correction results in the VRayFB?

--Jon

Comment

• bump!

Maxwell seems to use geometric lights (planes, bulb-like shapes and so on), so it might avoid the problems Vlado was talking about (perfectly parallel lights, or pure point lights)...

Even though the images now on MX's site have a layer of doubt cast on them, there's one that seems to show the problem has at some point been solved (maybe with comping, that's open to debate...), even though no timing has ever been reported about it.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/whitepaper/index.htm

(category Lighting: Full global illumination)

reading from their forum, no one has been able to reproduce that image, anyway...

Lele

Comment

• maaaan, this is an old forum... i thought physical sky came out. So why bother...

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I saw this post and i had to try it myself, this is the first time i actually had time to play with the greeble plugin.

I used log. exposure, direct light mult.25 r=255, g=231, b=188 environment mult. 5 r=173, g=214, b=255.

Vray shadows with area lights, lightcache for second bounce 500 subdivs, ir map for first bounce low settings, default color mapping.

I hope you like it, i just couldn't resist after seeing your images.

Greetings,

Erik

A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

• No Ezrythm, The latest build is still 1.47.03, With no Sun/Sky system.
            Bret

Comment

• oh i said "CAME...", nevermind... is coming out in future releases.

Comment

Working...
              X