Camera exclude function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera exclude function

I've seen this function in a Corona video and it would be very very useful to me.
    Keeping my fingers crossed =)

Exactly what does the camera exclude function do, have not used Corona much.. Exclude it from what?. or are you meaning excluding objects etc from the camera... since 3DSMax does that via properties (visible to camera option)
    Last edited by andy51; 27-11-2017, 06:07 AM.

Comment

The excluded object becomes invisible/unrenderable only to that camera.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgoW_piC3gk

Comment

So it's not a camera exclude feature it's an object exclude/include feature, built into the corona camera. Yeah I guess it wouldn't take much to program that into the Vray Camera, maybe they could add it, when they get around to adding the Camera lister function, similar to the Light Lister, that was mentioned in another thread

Comment

Yes, that's it. Sorry, I now see I wasn't very clear in my original post

Comment

Can you tell me how you would use this feature?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I do arch viz in-house for an architecture company where we do many iterations on projects and we daily need a large number of render views from many different angles and sometimes various objects like trees or furniture get in the way of cameras or just obstruct things that need to be visible and I need a way to automatically hide those objects for those views. I use a batch rendering script to quickly output all the views at once so that I don't have to send them to Backburner one by one. Now I deal with this problem by animating the obstructing objects out of camera view and rendering those cameras at the frame at which the object is not visible, which is manageable but can get a bit tedious when different objects need to be invisible for some views but visible for others.

Since certain projects can take up to a couple years and sometimes even 50+ iterations until completion, I usually have to go back to older projects that have been on hold for various reasons and daily jump from one project to the next, I need a way to automate these things so I don't forget about them later

When I saw the video above, I thought that the camera exclude object list feature would be a much better solution.

Comment

RPManager, Reindeer and Vexus are tools that care of all these things you listed, even native scene states can do this afaik.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks Ashley, I'll check those out later.
                  I already use scene states for lighting changes, so I think that would just complicate things for me...

Comment

Originally posted by dejan View Post
                    I do arch viz in-house for an architecture company where we do many iterations on projects and we daily need a large number of render views from many different angles and sometimes various objects like trees or furniture get in the way of cameras or just obstruct things that need to be visible and I need a way to automatically hide those objects for those views. I use a batch rendering script to quickly output all the views at once so that I don't have to send them to Backburner one by one. Now I deal with this problem by animating the obstructing objects out of camera view and rendering those cameras at the frame at which the object is not visible, which is manageable but can get a bit tedious when different objects need to be invisible for some views but visible for others.

Since certain projects can take up to a couple years and sometimes even 50+ iterations until completion, I usually have to go back to older projects that have been on hold for various reasons and daily jump from one project to the next, I need a way to automate these things so I don't forget about them later

When I saw the video above, I thought that the camera exclude object list feature would be a much better solution.
                    +1 for this feature

Comment

Hello, i'm also very interrested in that function ! Please consider to add this into future vray releases

Comment

Take look at Pulze Scene Manager. We created this one at Brick Visual to streamline the Archviz workflow. You can assign layers, lights, outputs etc to cameras in a scene with instant visual feedback in viewport. And as a bonus it will work together with Render Manager which will be a powerful replace of Backburner.

Comment

Originally posted by dejan View Post

+1 for this feature, thanks in advance
                          Best regards,
                          Jackie Teh
                          --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.06 build 00000]
                          AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
                          Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
                          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

+1 Im also interest that VrayCamera has this feature.
                            I loved that VrayCamera has integrated Resolution Override and Proportion Guides, I use Statesets but it could be very, very handy to have this inside the camera too
                            Not everyone can afford or are interested in use PulzeManager
                            Last edited by ChuckRT; 21-02-2024, 09:04 AM.
                            Carlos Rodriguez
                            RTstudio
                            Tutorials

Comment

This would be a nice addition. We do most of this with State Sets right now.

We will not even consider Pulze until this limitation is removed, as it is an artificial limitation for licensing reasons only, and has no benefit, only serious detriment, to the user:

Prerequisites

Internet connection
                              • Scene Manager requires constant internet connection

This makes the product a non-starter.
                              Last edited by Joelaff; 21-02-2024, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X