A less resource hungry VRaySpawner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A less resource hungry VRaySpawner

The VRayspawner is slowing down the host system, even without a renderjob and without a single percent CPU usage. The whole system feel very slow, every new task (new explorer window) takes very long to open/start.
    Please change it, cause a lot of high-performance office-PC are running here the whole day, and if the Spawner wouldn't disturb normal office work, I could use their PC for distributing.
    Spawner + Max are running automatically on low priority, so you barelly notice the rendering in the background.
    DR is working now very good, it's a great time-saver.

Keep up the fantastic work.
    Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

well, the Spawner executable occupies a little memory itself, but it opens max for DR, so the max process is the one that occupies more ... it shouldn't be that much of a trouble though ... .. check your pcs for virus or stuff like that ... that can slow down a pc significantly ... and if you wish to have DR running, this is the drawback - one process on the slaves, that occupies some memory. It has to feed from somewhere ...
    Best Regards,
    Tisho

Comment

I have a similar problem to baumgore on one of my slaves. if I fire up the spawner and try to run a DR render, after something slows it down to a crawl like its still rendering but CPU usage is low? but with regular net renders all is fine...

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I have the problem on all my slaves here (AMD, Intel, Intel HT, all WinXP pro)
        The spawner plus the waiting Max are slowing down the start and the open of every other programm. The problem is not bound to CPU% usage, because no job is rendering and everything gets slow. No hardware is equal here, I have here different CPUs, motherboards, Lan adapter, graphic-cards, etc. Minimum 1 GB RAM everywhere. The system feels like MAX is rendering with normal priority, but there is no DR-job running, and the taskmanager shows 0% CPU usage. Once started, the programs runs on normal full-speed.
        It's strange, but I have it on every PC, garanteed no Virus or something like it, we are running multiple virus-killer on some maschines (not at all), but ALL shows the same symptoms.
        Besides VRay, we are not using some strange plugins. Perhaps it's MAX which is causing all of this, and not VRay.
        Someone else have this problem?
        Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

Comment

Not seeing the slowdown here. On a variety of different hardware.
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

just a question though., you said the spawner on your host system. why is the spawner running on the hst system. it should only be running on the slaves.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

just a question though., you said the spawner on your host system. why is the spawner running on the hst system. it should only be running on the slaves.
              They might have multiple licenses and several people wanting to use DR.
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

oh yeah. true. didnt think of that

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I have the same on ''all'' (2) of my render slaves, XP.

Ivan

Comment

Working...
                  X