V-Ray/Blender 2.49.12 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray/Blender 2.49.12 Build

I completely don't understand what is going on in this world... May be its ok in free software world to blame one developer because he gathering donations or smth like this... Ok no problem.

For all users of my project - I will not stop my development.

About 2.5 - I have my own time plan of releasing 2.5 script, but under this strange circumstances I will show some betas of 2.5 script next week.

Today I want to show my 2.49 build with mesh export rewritten in C. It is availalbe for win32 and linux64 by now. It required latest script, but script could stiil work without this special build.

Welcome for testing =)
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Re: V-Ray/Blender 2.49.12 Build

It's just somebody trying a different approach to an exporter, please don't get offended. It seems you two got off to a bad start but I appreciate the work of everyone who gives to the community. Would be sad if there was some kind of unfriendly competition, because in the end it will damage both projects and I would hate to see that happen...

That said, thanks for the hard work on the exporter, I will try it out as soon as I find the time!

Comment

@Hoverkraft, I felt really frustrated today... just don't know how to think about this. Even if it wont be a "competition" it will look like this anyway
      Support Request

Comment

We love you bdancer!!! And really appreciate all your work.

Comment

Fully agree with Laxy and Hoverkraft, keep on doing this great stuff. The fanbase will be with you, always

best wishes maces

Comment

Well, I also have a few thoughts:
            There is only one integration working, "the competitor" presents his high hopes. I wonder if in a year time he is on that level of usability that your script had a year ago.

Your integration makes Blender the most attractive suite on the market. That's a threat to commercial tools (Autodesk), maybe they will somehow try to promote optional "V2B" integrations in a hope that if there are a few of them none of them is really good and fully operational. (Defence by causing a chaos in Blender community)

3. That was not you who started the bad and blaming style of discussion. He started his accusations right away with no cause. That was very odd and unpleasant to me. May be he is somehow jealous... THAT WAS REALLY UNFAIR OF HIM.

Your script is very good and useful for our commercial activities. It's rather obvious then, that it is fair that you get rewarded with donations for giving us the opportunity to use Blender instead of the quite expensive commercial suites. Personally I wouldn't complain if some day you make commercial use of your knowledge and propose some new tool as a product. Even if that happens you made a great and revolutionary contribution to the process of Blender's community expansion.
            (Of course I love the idea of you developing the open/free integration in the coming years).

Best regards Andrey

Keep rockin'

Comment

I agree with Voytov,

And anyways, you're script has already proven to work and you have a lot of people that are following you, supporting you and that are donating.

We believe in your work and we support you

Greetz

Comment

@bdancer: is the 2.5 exporter a special build (like 2.49.12), or can we use the "normal" version and use some kind of plugin? the last way would be nicer I think, if possible.

maces

Comment

@maces, there will be an opportunity to use exporter without special build.
                  Support Request

Comment

Just want to say that I am completely on your side. Your offer of collaboration was generous and the reply was very rude. The argument that you are willing to accept donations is in no way understandable. This 120% stressing of totaly "free" software of your "counterpart" is doing more damage than good to the cause. Keep up your good work, there are many people around here who appreciate it. What a waste of time and energy to begin with the script again from zero where you have so much eperience (and success) with it. I totaly believe that you are capable and willing to continue your work with the script, otherwise I would not have switched completely from XSI to blender/V-Ray with my studio.

Best Regards

Sven

Comment

Thanks andrey! I really appreciate your hard work over years to bring vray to blender.
                      Even good ideas will have negative responses and this is not the first time it happens. (e.g. Bmesh development, farsthary new features and many others...) So don't let the opinion of one person to bring you down.

I'm counting down the days to test the 2.5 integration.

Please keep on developing and we'll keep on testing!

Regards.
                      architect at oona

Comment

Hi,
                        The new build is working like a charm here !

I had a scene with a terrain ( single mesh with multires) , so far it exported 250k quads in ca. 10 mins,
                        Full res (1 million quads) took more than 30 mins ..
                        New build with C exporter took 3-4 minutes to export 1 million faces.
                        (win x64, q6600 , 4gb ram)

Great work. the speedup is enormous, expecially with single big objects.

Edit: tested also on ubuntu 9.10 64bit , same machine specs . It's slightly faster (1m faces , under 3 mins)

Comment

Andrey, totally with you. You're the one who took the initiative to make this possible and I've only benefited from your work!

Would there be the chance of getting a 64-bit Windows build anytime soon? I'd love to test this because the mesh exporting was by far the biggest problem I had with Blender/Vray. Relatively simple scenes that took a couple minutes to export with other exporters (i.e. Blendigo) took ages to export to Vray so I'm really excited to try out the faster export!

Good luck with your work and don't give up!

Comment

@StompinTom, I use MSVC Express 2008 to build win32 binary, it doesn't support 64 bit (afaik only Pro version which cost $$$ supports 64bit). I'll try mingw64 to build 64bit win binaries. I think you can try to use win32 build (its still just an exporter so no problem to use with 64bit V-Ray).

Btw, thanks goes to Sebastian Koenig for the splash screen! =)
                            Support Request

Comment

Hey man,

The Vray build works great, exporting is sooo much better! My scenes with trees and foliage export relatively quickly now.

Important request/note: The option to export separate render layers is awesome, as it really helps compositing afterwards, however right now there are a couple issues:
                              - it doesn't also export a combined render, just all the separate passes, it'd be great if you could get all the passes AND the full render
                              - when exporting the passes, you get ALL the passes, which takes up a lot of time and clutter. Would it be possible to select the passes you want to export? That would greatly improve the compositing workflow.

Thanks, as always, for your hard work!

Comment

Working...
                              X