Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray/Blender online meeting

Hey there!

We could create smth like online V-Ray/Blender meeting in skype or smth like gotomeeting webinar.

Anybody interested? =)

Post topics you want to discuss.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Re: V-Ray/Blender online meeting

I am for sure. I am not a developer so going forward I would be of little use, but I think getting the hang of the Blender to Vray work flow could be approached in a more logical progression with an emphasis on more example scenes. More users is going to result in more support.

Comment

It will be not about the development (but i cant also tell about how things are going).
      Its more about installation, usage, settings, cg, animation, architecture, blender itself - anything we want to discuss )
      Support Request

Comment

This can be very interesting indeed.
        I bought Vray standalone, but I haven't got the time to install it yet.
        So this way this could be easier, and then I can start testing.
        Working with more example scenes is a good idea I think. If everyone is using the same scene, it is easier to see the problems...

Looking forward to really start testing, hope I manage to install the code.

cheers

Comment

That would be lovely.

Comment

It would be a nice way to share knowlege and tips.

Regards.
            architect at oona

Comment

This is an awesome idea

I would be interested in both, development (including python stuff and pipeline) and how/when to use features. Specially little tips would be very helpful .

maces

Comment

But will there be some kind of agenda for such meeting?

Everyone interested in sharing knowledge realtime - hop in to the IRC channel #vrayblender at irc.freenode.net

Comment

@ Sandking: How does this IRCchannel work? Never used somthing like that, but can be helpful.
                  Thanks

Comment

jorisAR: IRC (Internet Relay Chat) looks like your common IM application where you join servers to join rooms (with # mark - everyone can create room and there are lot of thematic rooms which provide great support - I learned A LOT from guys on #blender and #blenderchat). On Windows I use Pidgin for all my IM as well as IRC, on Linux you got XChat (as well as Pidgin, but I prefer XChat for IRC) and on OS X you got Colloquy. These are the best solutions I think (though I haven't found a good IRC client for Windows after mIRC went fully commercial).

After you got an installed app you need to join server (irc.freenode.net) and then a room (#vrayblender). I'm on #vrayblender usually between 8AM to 4PM +1GMT and sometimes in the evenings. Drop by and we can share knowledge or just chat. I just saw that a guy called hovercraft dropped by, but I didn't notice it (use my nick to call me out - this way app flashes that someone talks specifically to me).

Comment

I also joined the IRC now.

maces

Comment

That's all good idea.
                        I'm not experienced in colaborative/online style of work.
                        Being at this level I think any solution allowing "desktop view sharing" would be useful for our consultative meetings.
                        I also think we should form a list of topics /agenda to have our discussions more organized.. For example everybody should chose five main problems he meets during work with V2B and drop to this topic. This could attract more people to the discussion.

Regards,
                        Wojciech

Comment

I plan to use citrix gotomeeting but we can find some open source solution. I want it to be voice-and-video(desktop-n-camera).

I also think we should form a list of topics /agenda to have our discussions more organized.
                          Yep! Thats why I ask to post topics you want to discuss =)
                          Support Request

Comment

I've had good success with yahoo IM over the years

Comment

Skype does desktop view sharing but I don't know if it works with more than two persons. Isn't there some desktop sharing option with web based application? It would be nice if everybody didn't need to install any additional software (not mentioning registering anywhere).

Comment

Working...
                              X