VrayBlender workshop in Torino - oct 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayBlender workshop in Torino - oct 26

Hi, i'll be holding a 4 hours workshop on VrayBlender in Torino (Italy) on October 26 2011 , during the Digital Media Workshops @ View Conference 2011.

Abstract:
    This workshop will introduce you to using VrayBlender : install and initial setup , standard lighting setup for interiors , global illumination , camera and exposure , creation of basic shaders.
    VrayBlender is a plugin developed by Andrey M. Izrantsev, the plugin allows rendering in Blender with Vray standalone by ChaosGroup .
    It combines the incredible open source CG application that is Blender with the render speed and many features of Vray , one of the most popular render engines from arch. viz. to cinema to realtime.
    The workshop will be a walkthrough setting up an interior scene and present examples of use for still renders and lightmaps baking.
    Lastly, there will be a quick note on how Blender and Python (in this case with Vray) allow customization of your art tools even for who’s not a professional programmer

http://digital-media.top-ix.org/en

I've published the scene i will be using in the workshop: download on BlendSwap : http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/s...gi-test-scene/

If anybody has tried the scene and would like to comment please post questions and suggestions !

The workshop should be made available free online as streaming video , language will be italian. Mostly because audience at the conference is 99% italian , and it would anyway be tough for me to do 4 hours workshop in english .
    I know it means most people won't have any use for it (except spanish speaking people maybe ?) i doubt i'll be able to dub it in english later , but maybe some shorter video tutorials ..

But anyway , the scene is available for discussion : as i posted in the wip section of this forum , it's an interior scene with settings tuned for a situation with very little direct light (so heavy interpolation in GI ) , with some glossy reflections but large smooth surfaces ( so uses adaptive subdiv. for speed but struggles a bit with reflections noise) .. etc.. If you see anything you like (or don't ) in the setup of that scene i'd be happy to discuss it.

Re: VrayBlender workshop in Torino - oct 26

Thats cool =)
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

I would love to watch.
      And of course improve my italian...
      But I 'm too far away.
      If you have the film or powerpoint, please share.
      And good luck of course.
      Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

Thanks,
        The workshop went very well , and the video is now online to watch :

http://digital-media.top-ix.org/en/n...i-vrayblender/

Comment

Thanks great ) Thanks for sharing!
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.
              Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

Working...
              X