• Show
Clear All

• stereoscopic Camera - finished script

Video examples

[youtube:kl32basv]uoNWRaXs-YQ[/youtube:kl32basv]
    [youtube:kl32basv]UhZkSvajyB8[/youtube:kl32basv]

Re: stereoscopic Camera - finished script

Cool! Very useful, I hope to use it in some production
    I see the video, but it is still in 480p and I can't see the texts clearly (I think youtube is going to convert the other resolutions). Is there a method to parent the "point of convergence" to some object?

Comment

StereoCamera in Action

[youtube:1imslsnp]ckFD7q8nVk4[/youtube:1imslsnp]

Comment

Seems very interesting.
        where can I get this script?

Comment

This is not a separate script - its a new vb25 feature. Enable Stereoscopic in render settings and look at the new panel in Camera settings.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Since the last build available is from July 26, I need to compile myself to test this?

Comment

Just update the script (Update button in exporter panel or manually).
              Support Request

Comment

WOW, am I right or this feature isn't available in MAX version of V-Ray currently? That would be historic moment

Comment

Ok, thanks! I thought the update function was broken.
                  when I update everything run fine, I've got the "Vray.Blender exporter updated!" message.
                  I enable stereoscopic in render panel, but I haven't any new panel in camera properties, under physical.

I use the last available build 58609 from http://cgdo.ru/vrayblender/ (windows x86/x64)

By the way, with this build, I can't have stereoscopic render if I enable "physical" for my camera. The result is the same as if I had disable stereoscopic from render panel.

Comment

by the way, there is a multi view branch, with stereoscopic preview in viewport. I think it will be merge in trunk soon. It could be interesting to be mix with your script.

Comment

Have you restarted blender after script update?
                      Support Request

Comment

Yes, I have.
                        I've looked in detail my console when I update. In fact, event if I have a good message at the end, I have many errors during the update process.
                        I'll try to update manually. Where can I check the updater version in use?

Comment

This was a admin right issue I think. I could update manually.
                          I can test it now. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I've test it, and I've got a few issue.

1. the most important, I can't set the stereo-focus where I want.
                            This is my 3D viewport :
                            [attachment=1:2jflsf4q]stereo_test_01.jpg[/attachment:2jflsf4q]

You can see I've set the focus plane to the middle cube. (If I check this by looking trought left and right camera, it works, the middle cube is right into the center)
                            But when I render (with convergence ON) i've got this :

[attachment=0:2jflsf4q]stereo_test_01_convergence.jpg[/attachment:2jflsf4q]

The focus seems to be next the first cube. Strange, no?

2. When I disable convergence, the focus plane should be set by changing the camera horizontal shift offset. This is known as "shear" in vray stereoscopic render parameter But it doesn't work. In fact, when I disable convergence, the fov distance doesn't change render result.

3. Start a new scene, enable stereoscopic in render, enable in camera too. Save your scene, and reopen it. Disable stereoscopic in camera. Got this python error :
                            "Object zero_parralax must have zero users to be removed"

4. the "adjust resolution" toggle seems to squash my image. It shoud just double the horizontal pixel width, no?

4. Few aesthetic and name things:
                            I feel like the "stereoscopic" panel in render parameters have still some options in common with the camera parameters. It could be confusing.
                            The "FOV" parameters for the camera should be name "Focus", or "focus plane distance", I think
                            The Eye distance is known as 'interocular distance".
                            The tooltips for this new parameters doesn't match
                            By default, when you activate metric in blender, one unit = one meter, so your interocular distance should be set to 0.065 and not 0.65

Anyway, keep up the good work!
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is my test file, in case you'll need it.

By the way, I feel convergence work if I double its value from what I see in viewport.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X