Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On hold

Hi there,

Asking myself if buying the standalone version at this moment would be a mistake.
    After reading some posts and visiting the old site, its unclear to me if development is on hold for blender?
    I'm extreem interested in buying the standalone version. And what about future development?

Another question i have is, is version 3 out yet? If not, is it best to wait for V3 is released.
    Dont want to pay and after a few month's pay again to upgrade.

And finally the last question:
    What is currently supported? Is there a list available with supported featsures?
    Like hair, instancing, render passes etc...

Greetings,
    P.

Dammit, just noticed i posted this under announcements (Sorry)

Comment

In my opinion, it is a very robust system, and development is very much active. If you've had a chance to follow the news, the developer of Vray 4 Blender is now employed by ChaosGroup (the reason the forum was transferred here) and this software is well supported. It would be nice to have an official list of supported features, I'd be curious to see something like that too, but the ones you mention above are indeed supported and have been working well for some time.
      The current version is 2.4, same as Maya, though there is support and development for the 3.0 beta. Don't have any idea about pricing or upgrades.

Are you a Blender user? If you are, or are willing to learn, then I highly recommend the standalone.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by pensart View Post
        After reading some posts and visiting the old site, its unclear to me if development is on hold for blender? I'm extreem interested in buying the standalone version. And what about future development?
        Development of V-Ray for Blender is quite active and Andrey is working hard to improve it.

What is currently supported? Is there a list available with supported featsures? Like hair, instancing, render passes etc...
        Lots of things are supported, but I will try to get you more specific info.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

pensart, everything that you've mentioned is supported. Realtime render update, material nodes and smoke/fire rendering are currently in progress.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Great ! Hope we could test it soon ^^

Great job guys !

Comment

I am mostly interested into fast preview, like cycles does or Vray for Maya IPR. How is that possible on OSX 64 bit? Any video showing this feature?
              - H -

Comment

like cycles does or Vray for Maya IPR.
                This is what I mean saying "Realtime render update", I'm showing it in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hofin5A-UgM It's under developemnt right now.

How is that possible on OSX 64 bit?
                Not yet.
                V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                Support Request

Comment

Thanks Andrew.That is great, saw this presentation already. Any timeframe?
                  - H -

Comment

Working...
                  X