Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 3.0 questions...

Dear Andrey,

I've just seen Vray 3.0 has been released for Max.

I currently hold a license for 10 x Standalone licenses for Vray 2.0 (I have a Maya License) and I'd like to upgrade to the release for Vray 3.0 (though I only really need to up to 5 standalone nodes) but I understand there there is a new license structure and a Standalone version is on the way. I don't want to buy the wrong license(s), so which product will be best suited for VRB for Vray 3.0? (Or is there a special blender release coming??? )

I hope all is well, and look forward to finding out what to do.

Regards,

Rob.

Would be best to email us to vray@chaosgroup.com; the support guys will be able to give you an accurate answer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I thought I had read it somewhere, but can't seem to find the info now. What I understand is that there will be a separate standalone you can purchase, separate from vray for maya. I'm not sure if there will be a combined Vray and Blender package for sale - something about Blender licensing. http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...404#post604404

Comment

OK, maybe there's no answer yet. I thought I saw 3.0 standalone pre-purchase on one of the reseller websites.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
          OK, maybe there's no answer yet. I thought I saw 3.0 standalone pre-purchase on one of the reseller websites.
          We will be selling the standalone separately, yes. However I expect this will happen along with the release of V-Ray 3.0 for Maya.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have a question, it said in this news http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/news....=566#newsid566

that they are developing V-ray for Blender, I do not know if what it means is if its still developing or coming to release or released already.

2nd, in this link http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_blender.html

Pricing & Licensing Policy

Blender and V-Ray for Blender are free and open-source products licensed under the GNU General Public License.

To render with V-Ray in Blender you need V-Ray Standalone installed.

In order to use its full functionality you need the latest version of V-Ray for Blender and V-Ray 2.x Standalone installed.
            If V-ray for blender is free why need vray standalone? is vray standalone demo OK?

so all in all, I need to have vray standalone demo installed, and then install vray plugin w/c is free as said in the site?

Comment

V-Ray For Blender is a combination of a special version of Blender (with some patches for export optimization) and V-Ray Standalone (which actually renders the scene). So, yes you need both.
              V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
              andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
              Support Request

Comment

Working...
              X