Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing vray for use in Blender. Which version? Max or Maya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing vray for use in Blender. Which version? Max or Maya?

It's a simple question: Can I use vray 3.0 already with the current exporter? And which version do I need to purchase?

You don't have to buy V-Ray 3.0. You need V-Ray Standalone 2.x. There is a demo version on our web site. Also you can purchase fully functional V-Ray Standalone 2.x to be able to render vrscene files without the limitations of the demo.
    If you want to purchase the full version please drop an email to our sales team at sales.software@chaosgroup.com
    Technical Support
    Chaos Group

Comment

I guess the question was not clearly written. I don't have any interest to buy a 2.x version. Why would I want to buy 2.x if 3.0 standalone is probably coming in the very near future (Unless it's a grace period with a free update)? Hence I was wondering if it's possible to render with 3.0 already with the 3dsmax version (since it also comes with a standalone version, right?)

Comment

I'd love to know the answer to this question to. I have Vray for 3ds max. Can I use the same licence to render with vray for blender?
        Michael Wentworth-Bell
        Motion Graphics Artist
        Melbourne, Australia

My site - Digital Lode

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
          I'd love to know the answer to this question to. I have Vray for 3ds max. Can I use the same licence to render with vray for blender?
          With V-Ray 3.0, yes.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Just to clarify, does this mean vray 2 for max does not include vray standalone, but vray 3 for max does include vray standalone?
            Michael Wentworth-Bell
            Motion Graphics Artist
            Melbourne, Australia

My site - Digital Lode

Comment

I don't think Vray 3.0 for max can work with VrayforBlender as of now... We need to wait till Vray 3.0 for Maya with Standalone becomes official, or you can request to try the Vray 3.0 for Maya Beta. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Comment

Sorry for double post, I can't seem to edit my post.

I wanted to add:

Vray 3.0 for Max doesn't seem to come with Vray 3.0 Standalone that is required for VrayforBlender. I think only the Vray 3.0 for Maya has it.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post

I wanted to add:

Vray 3.0 for Max doesn't seem to come with Vray 3.0 Standalone that is required for VrayforBlender. I think only the Vray 3.0 for Maya has it.
                  I hope it will not be like you wrote because it could be really a pity and a serious block helping people to migrate from 3dsmax to Blender

Comment

Vray 3.0 for Max doesn't seem to come with Vray 3.0 Standalone that is required for VrayforBlender.
                    No, this is not true. V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max comes with a version of V-Ray Standalone that works with Blender.

I think only the Vray 3.0 for Maya has it.
                    You think wrong. Please, let us reply to such questions rather than spreading confusion.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

-> http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3/Installation
                      A complete installation of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max consists of:
                      •V-Ray
                      •V-Ray RT
                      •V-Ray Standalone
                      •V-Ray DR Spawner
                      •V-Ray license server
                      •V-Ray tools
                      •V-Ray SDK
                      •Documentation
                      •WIBU-KEY drivers
                      •Dongle (hardware lock)
                      -> http://docs.chaosgroup.com/download/...4344000&api=v2
                      Notice the Standalone Render Slave installation type

The only question to clarify is the compatibility between the current V-Ray for Blender exporter (which until now is based on a 2.0 rendering core) and V-Ray Standalone 3.0.
                      Of course, the 3.0 exporter will soon or later become available so that's only a temporary issue (if it is at all).
                      Christophe COT
                      Software Developer - Chaos
                      christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_ChaosGroup View Post
                        The only question to clarify is the compatibility between the current V-Ray for Blender exporter (which until now is based on a 2.0 rendering core) and V-Ray Standalone 3.0.
                        Works fine...

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

I'm planning to switch from cycles to V-ray is there coming Vray Standalone licensed and suitable for Blender? I'm asking because there is huge price fifference between max license and old Standalone....

Comment

elieli, not even coming, but already exists =) Search for it or write to support@chaosgroup.com and our support team will redirect you to the most close reseller to your location.
                            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                            Support Request

Comment

Hi, I've asked support and they've told me to buy Vray Standalone 2.0 is there coming 3.0 version of Standalone renderer as well. Or it will be packed in maya and max version only - if that's so maybe I should buy Vray for max and use just standalone version?
                              How actually Vray for Blender will work with Vray 3.0 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X