Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Assets not working

Hello,

Using DR I can't get transfer assets to work. The box is ticked, but the render nodes don't receive anything and the buckets then render black.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan

Dan,
    Try exporting manually to a shared directory. I'm having issues with the transfer assets option currently as well. Manual export works fine tho.

Andrey - meant to send a bug report about that earlier. I'm using the current blender 2.70 build - master branch.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,
      Thanks for your response. Yes, the manual export does work, but I was trying to DR between and Windows PC and a Mac. I've not managed to figure out how to get those to work manually. Manual works fine windows to windows though.

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if that's working to use DR between Mac and Win in vb. At least it wasn't ever something that was available before. Does that work for other versions of vray? I'd like to be able to use Win to Lunix, but not sure that's working yet either.

Comment

As far as I am aware it should work cross platform with the 'Transfer Assets' option on other implementations of vray. I'm not sure about the Blender exporter. Having said that though I had been testing it Windows only machines and it still didn't work. You confirmed above though that you are having trouble as well.
          I was under the impression though that you can now transfer assets cross platform.

Comment

transfer assets was working on earlier builds, so you might just try a previous version. Which vray standalone version are you using, 2.4 or 3.0? I'm currently using the beta, 30504 was working correctly for me, but 30505 is only partly working (that's where manual transfer is working, but not automatic transfer)
            I am only on Win machines currently, don't have any macs to test this out with.

Comment

I'm using 2.4 and the blender custom build 2.69.7 (2013-12-17). I have updated the exporter.
              I have not tested the beta versions. Are they open to everyone?

Comment

not sure why transfer wouldn't be working in that one, check through the console window for any error messages, etc. It sounds like the error may be in the exporter and not vray. Have you tried reinstalling and run it without updating the exporter?

Not sure exactly the status with beta testing for the standalone, since other 3.0 versions are released or in beta (Max and Maya respectively). You can email a request to Chaosgroup support if interested.

Comment

Thanks for the report! This looks like a bug, will look into this.
                  V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                  andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                  Support Request

Comment

It's not possible to fix this in the 'stable' branch, but it should now work fine with 'dev' version, please try it at nightlies.chaosgroup.com (use your chaosgroup.com user/pass).
                    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                    Support Request

Comment

Hey, thanks!! Working as expected now. I see the manual export option is gone again. But at least this time everything is working properly with DR, so no complaints.

Comment

I think You can email a request to Chaosgroup support if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X