Blender 2.73 with Vray additionals - no engine displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.73 with Vray additionals - no engine displayed

I apologise that I make a thread the very moment I appear on the forums. I am clueless to the solution;

My Blender for Vray 2.73 has no Vray rendering options.

It looks exactly like a normal Blender distribution. I saw some videos on youtube about using BV 2.73 and their ui had the vray engine installed. I also remember having seen a ui like that on my machine with BV 2.69. I have installed the demo standalone too, but that changed nothing at all.
    What am I missing? I would assume there was a change in the general render handling between Blender and the standalone, but the videos I saw contradict that idea.

Additionaly: I would prefer to use Vray with the latest distribution of Blender (currently 2.76). I assume the patchset is meant for that but I didn't find any clear instructions on its use nor purpose. It would be great to know whether I am on the right track and how complicated it is to... do what ever must be done.

---other info:
    I downloaded Blender for Vray from "http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_blender.html" or a related site, I got a file named
    "vrayblender3-2.73-58783-67fcf52-6f8d89a-x86_64-windows.exe".
    The splash screen states: "branch:dev/vray-for-blender/vb30". I have also installed the standalone demo 32003_x64_vc11 because it was written on the aforementioned page, but there was no difference to the ui. No .vrscene export option either.

Thanks.

No .vrscene export option either
    Have you enabled the add-on? Go to Add-ons -> Render -> V-Ray For Blender and enable it.

I would prefer to use Vray with the latest distribution of Blender
    https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/#/blender (use the same login/pass as for chaosgroup.com)
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

[solved]

Thanks.

Yeah, I did, and there was nothing; I found the problem though - I wrote vray without the "-" in the title. A silly mistake on my part. thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot as soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
      X