X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadmap

Hello,

Is there a roadmap for VrayForBlender?

I'm really disappointed, we have no information about a possible roadmap on integrating Vray RT, a documentation that is almost empty (nodes, etc ...)

I really feel that Blender users are left on the side ...

I'm seriously considering changing renderer
    Infographiste 3D freelance - http://www.arnaud-travert.com/

I'm scared to know the official reply.

Few weeks ago Vlado give us a reply that leave the Vray4Blender development open but not a priority due to a low economic return (if I've well understood)...

In any case I hope to hear good news because I'm now in the position to be productive with Vray4Blender and I'd like to continue with it and improve myself .

In case of bad news I'll sadly come back to 3dsmax...

Vray it's a big asset for me and I can't abandon it...but please...free us from 3dsmax & Autodesk.

EDIT: After VrayDays Italy I'm quite confident that we'll hear good news...it's only a sensation...justyfied by the Chaos effort in align all the Vray porting...and the new IPR leave me the illusion that the technology will be integrated in Blender... I hope to be right...
    Last edited by bardo; 08-11-2016, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I hope ChaosGroup keeps on developing Vray for Blender.
      I am very interested on it and, since I am aware of the importance of the economic return for them, I just bought my VRay Standalone license two weeks ago.

I hope everything goes on.

Comment

" Few weeks ago Vlado give us a reply that leave the Vray4Blender development open but not a priority due to a low economic return (if I've well understood)..."

If that's true, I want my money back... and I consider ChaosGroup as thieves...

Comment

I don't think they do that. VRay has a huge potential in the Blender community. It is one of the most powerful commercial render engines in the world, and it can attract a lot of people who wants to start in the 3D world as freelancer without having to invest a huge amount of money in a tremendously expensive 3D package software.

Blender has evolved in a very nice and powerful way. I am gratefully surprised about it (just starting to learn it and leaving 3ds . And I think it needed a render system like VRay. I am glad to see also the support of render farms to Blender + Vray:

render4you
          renderStreet

I consider that the current price of a render node for Blender is very temptative for such a powerful render engine. I hope it attracts more and more people.

Comment

That's a bit harsh... do consider that Vray4Blender doesn't require a more expensive workstation licence, in addition to the render nodes, which all other ports do.

Chaos Group have never made any promises either, however you infer it. I personally marvel at the way support has been brought to blender in the first place and impressed at how CG have navigated the legal minefield of integrating a proprietary program into open source while still protecting their intellectual property.

Comment

Originally posted by enrique.monzo View Post
              I consider that the current price of a render node for Blender is very temptative for such a powerful render engine. I hope it attracts more and more people.
              it's a vicious circle, No full stable release, no studio will be tempted to change their pipeline...

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudT View Post
                it's a vicious circle, No full stable release, no studio will be tempted to change their pipeline...
                That's true, ArnaudT. Since I am new here, I do not know how far they are from a stable release, but what I see looks pretty good. I agree with you that, as soon as a stable version is released, studios would consider moving, for sure. And this would be an point of inflection.

There is quite a lot of work already done, thus I hope they keep on doing until reaching a stable version that allows them to foresee better the VRay market in Blender.
                Last edited by enrique.monzo; 08-11-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudT View Post
                  " Few weeks ago Vlado give us a reply that leave the Vray4Blender development open but not a priority due to a low economic return (if I've well understood)..."

If that's true, I want my money back... and I consider ChaosGroup as thieves...
                  I think that's "thieves" is too much...but it's my opinion..I leave yours...
                  In my POV it's great that they've invested money&time until now in a product that give a low ROI (ReturnOfInvestments) and they continue in development (just a low priority).
                  Today it's not so easy to do for a company.

In any case I prefer to link the exact Vlado's words to avoid misunderstanding

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...643#post705643

Comment

My opinion is perhaps too hard, but I have already asked this question (roadmap) on the forum and on the Facebook page several weeks ago, and no developer has given an answer

Comment

Thanks for the link, bardo. I think it is clear enough
                      I agree with you that, from Vlado words, Vray for Blender will continue in development but just with a low priority.

I'm glad I could contribute by acquiring a license for such a wonderful render engine.

Comment

I'm in the middle of a project and I have continuing crash to desktop.
                        Both in simple scene than in huge scene...
                        I wrote to the support, I hope they can help me and continue supporting us...otherwise I have to export in FBX and redo everything inside 3dsmax.... No please!

Anyway I continue to hope that Vray4Blender will have a future...otherwise I hope chaos clear the misunderstandings and tell us that, at the moment, it's not a production ready tool...

Comment

Bardo: Can you share your crashing simple scene ?
                          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

Bardo: thanks I dont know if pm reply works, no visual information about replying. I replied only twice

My email: 3dhexagon@hotmail.fi
                              And I will not share your scene/files(s), just trying to help.
                              Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                              X