V-Ray for Blender 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for Blender 3.5

We are getting ready for showing some progress with realtime viewport rendering.

As the first step current builds with the vb30 exporter will be available only from the main website download section.
    The builds at the nightlies server will contain new vb35 exporter, but currently only with the new file exporter for testing that it still works as the previous one (in terms of exporting features).

As soon as we'll be sure that the nightly builds with the new vb35 exporter are working correctly we'll enable realtime viewport rendering for them.

Please, write here about all the issues with the new nightly builds here.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so feel free to move my post. I've got a question. Does Vray for Blender 3.5 have the same features/updates as Vray 3.5 for Max? We are looking at potentially transferring some of our workload from Max to Blender when Blender 2.8 is released. So in general, how developed is Vray for Blender compared to Vray for Max? Do all features included in the Max version get transferred to Vray for Blender at the same time or there's a delay? If the latter, how much time (roughly) does it take before the new features make it into Vray for Blender?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

> Does Vray for Blender 3.5 have the same features/updates as Vray 3.5 for Max?

No, but there are enough of them implemented.

> So in general, how developed is Vray for Blender compared to Vray for Max?

In general - pretty good. It's better just to ask what features do you need.

> Do all features included in the Max version get transferred to Vray for Blender at the same time or there's a delay?
      > If the latter, how much time (roughly) does it take before the new features make it into Vray for Blender?

They are transferred as soon as those features are available in V-Ray for Maya (V-Ray Standalone).
      Support Request

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, you answered my questions pretty thoroughly. I think IPR and RT are the most important features for me.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Amazing news guys!
          One silly question, should be reported only issues related to RT, or also from other things that used to work in the previous exporter?
          Eg.: In this build, V-Ray always starts in progressive mode even if bucked sampler (Adaptive DMC or Fixed) is selected. Things like this should be reported or not?
          architect at oona

Comment

There is no RT right now, so only file exporter differences (well it's there, but hidden =).

> Things like this should be reported or not?

Exactly such things =)
            Support Request

Comment

Thank you for the fast report.

This should be fixed in next nightly.

Comment

I tested to render all render passes except Denoiser, including also Light select pass but result is only a few render passes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6c9cd463bc.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	866264
                Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Many times during a preview render I decide to close the VRay frame buffer. But after closing the frame buffer window (or after stopping the render and then closing the window) VRayStandalone stays loaded in memory and running, leading Windows to a slow performance. The only way to bring the computer back to the normal speed is to kill the process from the Task Manager. A screenshot of the Windows 10 Task Manager after closing VRay Frame Buffer as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TaskManagerAfterClosingVRayStandalone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	866266

DELL Precision M6600, NVIDIA Quadro 3000M, Windows 10 x64
                  Latest versions (nighlies) of Vray Standalone and Blender with VRay additions

Comment

First of all... Great news!!!
                    I'm happy that this project is not dead at all, actually is alive. Good good good news!!!

I've got a silly question...but before starting report I'd like to check if I'm right or not.

Using the "vb35" name you are telling me that I need also the Vray 3.5 or I can use the 3.4 ?

Comment

Hi guys, this is what I'd found in my tests last night:

1. Render channels from the Color Channel Node (Samplerate, Diffuse, Reflection, ...) are not working.
                      2. Domelight texture is not using Domelight rotation (Object).
                      3. "Default Mapping" from Exporter Render tab is not working. (now all procedural textures must have be connected to a Mapping node to work)
                      4. Material preview is not working. "Selected node preview" toogle in render tab should do something?
                      5. Layered texture node from old files are not working (Console message "Node name: Layered => Incorrect node plugin ID!"). But with a fresh one is working fine. This is not an issue, but maybe this could be a good time to remove unused buttons from this node (like was made in output node recently).

The new exporter is really nice!
                      Is just me or the new exporter seems faster than the old one?
                      architect at oona

Comment

Tnx @leandro_cs, @poseidon4o will look into this.

> Using the "vb35" name you are telling me that I need also the Vray 3.5 or I can use the 3.4 ?
                        It's always a good idea to upgrade =) but it'll still works with 3.4 and all the previous versions.
                        Support Request

Comment

@enrique.monzo, well this is how Standalone works, you have to terminate render with Esc key or Stop button, but there is "Auto-Close" option and with this option turned on hitting Esc will also close the window automatically.
                          Support Request

Comment

Rendered image does not appear in UV/Image editor if you set: display = Image editor.

If I understand correct this latest Blender version is only Gpu renderer ? Maybe thats why render passes do not work.
                            Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

@bdancer
                              ok. So, I have a problem with my render node.

It seems that exporter try to use CUDA in the render node (they haven't got any kind of CUDA device installed...pure CPU blade) even I set CPU as render engine.

Is it correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X