Anisotropy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anisotropy

Does anybody know how to setup anisotropy like this?

Hi, you could try this setup.
    Also you could find more info in this tutorial: https://support.solidangle.com/displ...+Brushed+Metal
    architect at oona

Comment

thanks for detailed scheme I tried to setup like in your picture and got weird results
      with cycles it's much easier to deal with anisotropy

Comment

Nice setup Leandro!
        cooler_inc try turning off fresnel reflections.

Comment

If you keep "Lock Fresnel IOR" on, Vray will use "Refract IOR" instead of "Fresnel IOR" for reflections.
          To get the same results you shoud disable it or raise your Refact IOR.
          Or also you could turn off fresnel reflections like Andy said.
          architect at oona

Comment

Ok, I turned off the Fresnel Reflecions and it looks better but not as shown on examples.
            I use nightly build 2.78.4
            Can you check at you side please if everything is correct with the setup file I attached?!

Comment

Interesting. I tested out the setup and blend file and have a few observations.

leandro_cs that setup with the gradient remap does some weird things if you try and render with a realistic object and lighting. That gradient is a quick fake if you don't have proper mapping.

cooler_inc The problem with your scene is that you don't have a lighting setup that would give you strong anisotropic reflections.

I made a scene with a simple cylinder, but with properly mapped brushed metal. I used the node setup above except for disconnecting the gradient and just using a value of 0.8 for aniso rotation. I used two maps for mapping the brushed metal, a spiral one for the cap and a straight one for the sides (So there are two materials, identical except for the brushed mapping.) I have included a lighting setup that gives the object something to reflect, so the anisotropy does not have to be faked.

Take a look, hope this setup helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X