Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Can't start VRay Blender

Hello,

My problems have started with the latest Windows 10 Update (It's like the third time I update Windows10, so it's not an upfate from windows 8 or 7).

I open my VRay blender which is from a nightly from a few months ago and was going fine until I update Windows and then when I render the license server denies my request and it seams that Blender is looking for stuff in my C drive, when everything was always installed in my D drive (the new update has done this with all my apps, saying they are in C when they are not in C but in D).

So I just decided to reinstall the license server and the latest VRay Standalone, and Blender keeps looking in C and denying my request to the license server, so I then decide to use one of the latest nightlies instead.

My previous VRay blender was of the 2.8 branch and the new nightlies are now 2.9, but I have normal Blender 2.9 working fine so why should there be a problem. right? Well with the nightlies both from 11/12 and 10/12, after I install and run the program from the desktop, it seems to start to run but all of a sudden the console window and Blender crash before getting to the splash page and before I can read to see what the error message is, if any. It just crashes straight away and I have tried wih two nightlies.

I can't roll back the update since I cleared my disk to save space thinking that I wouldn't have a problem since several times before I updated windows 10 and had no problems (I know, stupid mistake). I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance

Managed to take screenshot of the console window before Blender crashes, I hope someone knows if it means something relevant to the crash
    Attached Files

Comment

Very familiar error to me. File > Load Factory Settings is a good start.
      Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
        Very familiar error to me. File > Load Factory Settings is a good start.
        Hey, Juha, thanks for the answer, but I cannot even get to open the program (Blender with VRay addons) even less use the menu, unless you suggest that I do this on the normal 2.79 Blender, is that it?

Thx

Comment

I mean Blender for Vray. Find "startup.blend" or "userpref.blend" -file and rename it or delete, then try to start Blender. That way it not load addons and your custom settings are gone.
          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
            I mean Blender for Vray. Find "startup.blend" or "userpref.blend" -file and rename it or delete, then try to start Blender. That way it not load addons and your custom settings are gone.
            Ok, that atleast allowed it to start the program, thanks. Now I'll see if VRay works ok after setting everything up again....

A bit of a headache since I also had to reset all my preferences for ZBrush since the update killed it as well and needed to fix with pixologic support....what a day

Comment

Originally posted by Txeroki View Post

Ok, that atleast allowed it to start the program, thanks. Now I'll see if VRay works ok after setting everything up again....

A bit of a headache since I also had to reset all my preferences for ZBrush since the update killed it as well and needed to fix with pixologic support....what a day
              Well it worked and it all seams to be back in place and working like before, except for a few addons that won't install, gives an error message in which it says it is a bug....happens when I want to install the official PIE menus, among others, which is very weird......hopefully in the next nightlies it will be fixed.

Thanks for the help Juha!

Comment

Working...
              X