Curious about the plans for Blender & VRay 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about the plans for Blender & VRay 4

I have read the news regarding the launch of VRay Next for 3ds max. The new version of VRay looks really cool!

I'm very curious about the plans for Blender and VRay 4:
    1. Is there going to be a VRay 4 Standalone available in the immediate future?
    2. When will VRay for Blender start using VRay 4?
    3. What will be the price of the license upgrade to the new version of VRay?

Thank you all, once again, for bringing VRay to the world of Blender. Please, continue with your amazing work!

Likewise, I love using VRay for Blender! What's the path forward with VRay Next for Blender? I see that render node for Next is available - is that the same as standalaone, and is it compatible with the latest builds? The big thing I still await is interactive rendering (IPR, resumable rendering, and interactive realtime) - can we hear about any progress? Thanks!

Comment

.......silence.....

Comment

I agree with Andy, I use VRay for Blender since 2009, is very nice see how he has improved since then.
        I also would like to know if there is any plan to incorporate Next features in Vray for Blender in the near future (Adaptive Dome Light, Automatic Exposure & White Balance look amazing!)

My personal opinion is, since we don't see any news/plans in Blender development to facilitate the integration of external commercial renderers, sadly it is unlikely that we will see RT/IPR of a commercial renderer inside Blender in the near future due to GPL restrictions.

Having said that, I still think that some kind of cleanup in the UI would be welcome. Some quick examples:
        - There this some nodes very similar function, maybe we should merge or just show of them (Faloff/Fresnel, Color Correct/Correction, Remap/Gradiant Ramp, Noise/Noise 3D Max)
        - Missing preview in the image node like in cycles and blender internal.
        - Image file node has Output and Color output sockets
        - Fog Color Tex input socket in VrayMtl doesn't have a color selector (like other color sockets), you have to plug a color node to it
        - Bump node has a Bump Texture (value) and a Normal Texture (color) sockets. Depending on what type of bump you're using, only one of them is used.
        I can elaborate more if you wish.

Regards,
        Last edited by leandro_cs; 27-06-2018, 05:22 AM.
        architect at oona

Comment

That's too bad, I was hoping there was some movement on the GPL restrictions with some of the big updates happening in Blender.

Originally posted by leandro_cs View Post
          My personal opinion is since we don't see any news/plans in Blender development to facilitate the integration of external commercial renderers sadly, it is unlikely that we will see RT/IPR of a commercial renderer inside Blender in the near future, due to GPL restrictions.

Comment

Is there any news about Blender for Vray and Standalone for Next? I heard some disccussion on Corona forum about developing new exporter for Blender 2.80.

Comment

+1, any plans regarding V-Ray Next for Blender ?

Comment

Me too.I Hope to get some news…

Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

+1. I hope that this silence is because chaosgroup is waiting 2.8 to be released but I also would like chaosgroup to confirm that. I don't want to wait for nothing.

Comment

+1
                    Thanks!

Comment

Well, Blender 2.80 looks quite nice at the moment... It would be great to have a VRay for Blender very soon after the official release of 2.80

Comment

+1
                        blender 2.8 is shaping up to be a beast, hope we get a functional vray soon. It's quickly becoming my prefered software.
                        www.nikand.com
                        3D Freelance

Comment

It's been very quiet in the V-Ray for Blender world. I'm making decisions about what software I'm using going forward, and I know I will continue to use Blender. However, it must be a real-time feedback workflow and right now it's not looking so hopeful for the V-Ray add-on. I don't have time to wait another few years and pass up on other products. I've held off on going to Next, as it's not worth the upgrade if RT integration is not part of the product.

Comment

Do I understand correctly? Just but it V-Ray Next ang have RT all in Blender? Sorry my English.

Comment

I`am wonder about V-ray next. There is a render node available for purchasing for a half of a price (upgrading option), but if is there or will be IPR, new hair shader, some other other new features? Is there a road map or a list of them. I saw some new features in latest builds like Adaptive dom and Metalness slider on VrayMtl will those features work right after purchasing? And the most important thing is IPR without it buy render node pointless. There are growing alternatives like redsh#ft for blender. Can developers answer here officially? You know time is money Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X