X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions

Hi

Just a few questions;

- A new frame buffer opens for each render and it doesn't remember that I selected the sRGB button, is this normal ?
    - The Console Log doesn't open when it's set to show everything and always
    - Is there a render manager that you would recommend ?

Thanks

N

1. A new frame buffer opens for each render and it doesn't remember that I selected the sRGB button, is this normal ?

Yes, this is how V-Ray Standalone works. A new instance is launched every time.

2. The Console Log doesn't open when it's set to show everything and always.

Which log? Blender's?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

The VRay console.
      Attached Files

Comment

This option doesn't not mean to open any separate console window, this option controls what will be written to the console window. If you want to see Blender console open support "-con" argument (https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/d...arguments.html).
        Support Request

Comment

I thought I would add to this thread instead of creating a new post.

I'm rendering an animation with only the camera moving. Using IR and LC using multi-frame incremental but although it's worked well up until recently it appears to have a broken IR or LC. The attached shows the single frame render on the left and the saved IR and LC on the right. I can send the blend file if needed. Any ideas on why this is happening ?

Thanks

N
          Attached Files

Comment

> I can send the blend file if needed.

Yes, please.
            Support Request

Comment

Hey, NorthVisualStudio,

Thank you for the feedback.
              About the animation rendering - If it possible I recommend using BF/LC as GI instead of IR/LC. Pros - You won't need to prebuild IR pre-pass maps, which in complex animation will take more efforts and time. Reduce the flickering in 100%. Cons - longer render time but in complex animation will spend your more time to prebuild IR maps, so you can benefit in the end.

Tips: To reduce flickering just increase L/C 1. "Subdivs" to 3000 || 2. Retrace Threshold - 8. : https://drive.google.com/file/d/10VM...4jlQ2IugH/view

About the console log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XI...qjhgrQXgp/view

Cheers,
              Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
              E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

> Using IR and LC using multi-frame incremental but although it's worked well up until recently it appears to have a broken IR or LC.

Until? Like Blender update? Or V-Ray update? Or both?

> The attached shows the single frame render on the left and the saved IR and LC on the right.

So, are you using single frame IM for animation?

I don't see anything wrong with the scene.
                Btw, you could use "Full Range (Camera Only)".
                Support Request

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

I had been working on the scene for about a week and it rendered using LC+IR for animation fine but, one day the artifacts appeared - there had been no updates or changes to the software so it must have been something I did. I checked the settings numerous times but it didn't work so I posted here incase there was an explanation that I was missing. Eventually I rendered it with BF+LC which takes about 3 or 4 times longer but it works.

The images above show the render of a single frame on the left and a frame from the animation rendered with saved LC+IR maps. It was to show that it renders correctly and therefore must be an issue with the saved IR or LC maps. I will try the Full Range method and see if it works.

Comment

Hey, NorthVisualStudio,

Thank you for the feedback. For the moment please use BF/LC method in order to avoid the flickering problem. We've found the issue when IM using "Animation Rendering" mode and Animation is set to Full Range. Keep you posted about it.

Cheers,

Comment

I'm rendering a smoke sim but get frames that render without the smoke and frames that render correctly - see attached.

What is the best workflow for rendering animated smoke sims ? Currently, I run the sim for the duration of the animation then bake the sim to point cache with Light compression. Then I render with BF+LC (LC set to 3000 & retrace thresh to 8, single frame and render using Full Range. Is this correct ? The blend file is attached.

Also, if there's any tutorials on how to understand how the shaders work that are used in the example page, that would be appreciated; https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bd...fire_setup.png

Thanks

N
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 06-07-2018, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Hey,

Can you send to me the scene file to check it ?

Cheers,

Comment

It's attached in the previous post.

Comment

Does Animation Nodes work with this version of Blender ? I can't seem to get it to show as an option.

Comment

It works, played it many times. Look installation and how to use video:http://www.blenderdiplom.com/en/tuto...es-update.html
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	b56856e54b.png
Views:	60
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1003608
                              Last edited by JuhaW; 10-07-2018, 05:37 AM.
                              Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                              X