Image Texture on Object That Isn't Unwrapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Texture on Object That Isn't Unwrapped

I spent 3 hours trying to render scene with one object that had an image texture on it and wasn't unwrapped. Every time that it went from the first CPU pass to the GPU it would shut the render down, it would render fine with CPU. I finally disabled layers one by one narrowed it down to one layer, then hid objects from render one by one, then removed materials one by one from objects until I found the culprit (a glass with fingerprint textures on it) I still couldn't figure out what was wrong with this glass for 45 min., this was after I tried a LOT of other things, like 6 other builds, older drivers etc. I don't know if this is a known bug or what, but it drove me nuts.

To make sure GPU UV's map correctly, I typically use Channel node for mapping.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, it's really hard to find a lot of info anywhere, but to post here, so thanks again. If you could show me a whole node setup diffuse, rough, normal and what your plugging into the nodes to control texture size and intensity. Today I had a node setup and the normal was too strong and I couldn't figure out how to dial it back, changed percentage in material node no effect, and a lot of other stabs in the dark, finally unplugged every thing except diffuse and it looked exactly the same, so I just gave up and went to Maxwell, (lots of glass and just don't like cycles glass) but I really would like to get my head around Vray. I'm a render engine junkie,(Thea, Octane, Marmoset, a very sketchy one called Instant Light that pegs my GPUs at 100 the instant it opens up with no scene just the ui (cryptojacking?), Renderman, Lux Render,but I've never been this confused with an engine, there is just so little info out there about it for Blender. Probably should have done a little more research before buying, but I figured "How different can it be from Vray for Maya or 3DS Max?". So any help would be appreciated.

Comment

If you want to poke around in a sample file - I have a library of some common architectural materials I shared a while back, see this post: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...lender-shaders

Comment

Working...
        X