Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texturing issue - help needed :(

Hello!
    I have an issue that I haven't met before. If I want to texture and uw unwrap in blender when renderer is set to Vray, than texture doesn't show up in viewport. If I do it with BlenderRender chosen as render engine it Works fine.
    I've tried with various versions of blenderforvray and the bug exists in all of them. I installed vray and blender for it in the office just now, at home it always worked fine in the last few years, so it must be a pc specific problem. Screensot is from the latest daily build, and I have vray 2. Please help me out, what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
    regards,
    Zsolt

P.S.: I attach som screenshots as explanation

Yes, displaying textures in the viewport is a bit different in vrayblender.

1. In object mode (not edit mode).
    2. Open the Node Editor create a Texture > Image File.
    3. Load on it the texture you want to display.
    4. Double click on this node and the texture should be displayed in the viewport (for the selected object).

architect at oona

Comment

You're right, texture display only works when you unwrap in Blender Render mode. It's been like that for some time. I'm sure it would have been fixed by now if it could be :shrug:

Comment

It is possible but needs to setup textures for Blender render to show them in Vray for Blender viewport. I did addon for that a few years ago and things have changed a bit. Maybe its time to update it.
        Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah in object mode it works fine. I'm a bit out of practice with vray, I'm trying to pick up the line again, so I would like to ask you another one
          So somewhy particle System doesn't render. Whrere should I put a tick or take one to make it work? I can't remember it how it Works. Thank you in advance! Hope it is the last question for a while…

Comment

Seems that your grass object is restrict render enabled, camera icon is off in outliner.

Comment

True, but I enabled it and still nothing, and I've tried it with simple cubes also, and not just "hair" mode but "emitter", and it doesn't work either. Of course my vray is old (2.x) maybe the exporter is different for the newer versions. Any idea about that?

Comment

Upload scene, its more than 1000 words and images.

Comment

Originally posted by jzs View Post
                  Thanks guys! Yeah in object mode it works fine. I'm a bit out of practice with vray, I'm trying to pick up the line again, so I would like to ask you another one
                  So somewhy particle System doesn't render. Whrere should I put a tick or take one to make it work? I can't remember it how it Works. Thank you in advance! Hope it is the last question for a while…
                  You have "hair" type particles - try "emmiter"

Comment

I've tried already emitter too. Same thing. You can download the scene from here:
                    https://we.tl/pLGMYyNO4V

Thanks for your time and help everybody!! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Your infinite plane blocks all geometry below it, including grass. Lower infinite plane location/raise particle plane location or increase grass size.
                      Last edited by JuhaW; 10-08-2018, 01:44 AM.

Comment

If I switch off infinite plane it still does not work. See image below.

Comment

….and Array modifier doesn't work either.

Comment

Maybe its your Vray version. I turned infinite plane render off and connected Sky node to Dome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bfe3a95615.png
Views:	124
Size:	716.4 KB
ID:	1006558

Comment

No, I don't think so, at home on my own laptop my good old Vray 2 works fine on Blender 2.78.… I thought about maybe it's 2.79 and I've tried 2.78 here also, but it's still not working. So I give up I guess, I'll stay with another renderer in the office. Thanks for your help though, very kind of you! If anyone finds out about this problem anything I'm still curious, so don't hesitate to explain. bdancer maybe?
                              Regards,
                              Zsolt

Comment

Working...
                              X