Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray cloud option not working?

Hi everyone,

I noticed recent nightly builds have the option to tick v-ray cloud for rendering. The service is already working in beta but when you click on the option in blender it takes you to the registration page instead of the cloud-rendering site.

Can the build be fixed to export the image to the online rendering service site?

regards,
    Alvaro
    Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

afecelis, it redirects you to this page because you'll need to register, download and install "V-Ray Cloud Client". Then this button will send the scene to the cloud.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thank you Andrei. I had previously registered for the beta and I can login to the VCloud beta site OK. I have downloaded the cloud client but when I launch it, it opens up a browser, tries to login but then I get a message saying: "login failed" (screenshot attached).
      Should I not launch the client?
      Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

Update: It's login in fine now, and it now shows my C: drive online. I presume I now have to select the exported scene to start a render queue?
        Questions:
        -when I click on blender's V-ray cloud checkmark, what happens, does it export the scene and loads it automatically to the cloud? Or does it only export my scene as a .vrscene that I then have to load by hand in Vray cloud browser menu?

regards,
        Alvaro

Comment

afecelis, you need to:
          1. apply to the cloud beta program
          2. login to cloud website
          3. download and install cloud client application
          4. check "V-Ray Cloud" button in Blender
          5. Press "Render".

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/fGkJppuWYUo
          Support Request

Comment

I tested also, output render size was always 640x480, it ignores Blender render dimensions.
            Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Yup, as Juhaw mentioned, it's working now, but it only renders @ 640x480.
              Thanks for the detailed explanation and the video Andrei, I hadn't seen it. It's a very interesting rendering option, I hope it keeps improving in the near future. Great job!

Comment

We'll fix the resolution issue.
                Support Request

Comment

Resolution issue is fixed: https://github.com/ChaosGroup/vray_f...1522770a76c40c
                  Will be available in the next nightly build.
                  Support Request

Comment

Thanks bdancer, now its working correct after update exporter.
                    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Thank you Andrei!

Comment

Working...
                      X