Gizmo for volume doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gizmo for volume doesn't work

Hi looks like Gizmo for this setup dosnt work (or didnt work im trying to use it first time) https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VFBlender/Fog+Gizmo.

ps! Want to create a foam but no mtlvolumescater material so looking for other options.

Try Blender For V-Ray20181012, atleast here fog gizmo works.
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Thank you. Trying to use the latest builds all time. But jumping for every project from one build to another because some feature work in one but not work in another is no good. That is why i create this post in bug section.

Comment

Yeah, and that version I told Fog itself does not work without gizmo, with Blender For V-Ray20180806 the whole scene Fog (without gizmo) works.

Comment

Yes i have checked. But light linking doesn't work there.

Comment

It works there and light groups also. (Blender for V-Ray 20180806)

Comment

I was able to make this feature to work again. It needs a little bit editing the source code. If you find a file called: vbx_plugin_exporter.cpp and there is a line:

if ( is_prepass || dontexport) { // Remove is_prepass part and you get working fog gizmos again. But bevare this is a quick hack and might break some other functions.

Leave me a message if you want that I send a modified v-ray/blender version to you.

Comment

Hey Haikalle, could you share the link here if you uploaded Vray for Blender somewhere ? Fog is the reason I'm using older build. I think this "fix: export EnvFogMeshGizmo automatically and correct light name VBLD" broke Fog.
                If I remember correct, same day build fog worked with and without gizmo and next day build broke fog without gizmo.
                Last edited by JuhaW; 31-01-2019, 04:41 AM.

Comment

You can download it from here:

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...and-fog-gizmos

Comment

Thank you. It seems with this build Fog does not work without gizmo.

Comment

We can't have it all I will check if there is easy way to add it.

Comment

JuhaW Now it works without gizmo too

Comment

Could you please upload it again ?

Comment

It's the same link.

Comment

Thanks, I downloaded before but thought its the same version.

Comment

Working...
                              X