Blender with V-ray additions crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender with V-ray additions crashes

This is my first time posting here, so hello everyone.
    Well, I came across an issue with Blender when using Ctrl+B (bevel) and when removing all the objects from the start file. At first, I thought that is a problem with the mesh, so I created a few new files and but crash still happened. Then I downloaded the latest build but it didn't help. I also reinstalled GPU drivers thinking that they are out of date but this worked neither. When using a regular 2.79 issue without V-ray and 2.8 beta didn't crash.

Open Blender in debug mode and when crashes look at the System Console whats the roplem. Change the path to your Vray for Blender path: C:\BlenderVray\blender.exe --debug-all -con
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Hi JuhaW, thanks, I did as you suggested. I also have installed the latest Blender issue. Here below is what come out after I tried to bevel edge loop .

Error : Unrecognized Exception
      Address : 0x00007FFC380CA388
      Module : C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

What do you reckon? Should I report it to the Blender or whether to Chaos Group. As I have mentioned, I tried the official issue without the Vray exporter and worked fine.

Comment

I am trying to reproduce this with latest nightly but both bevel and object deletion do not crash. Can you upload a scene and exact steps to reproduce please?

Comment

Hi poseidon4o, thanks for responding. I will upload the file this evening because the issue occurs only at my home workstation. I also have just checked if this issue occurs on the workstation at work and there is no problem. Do you think that has something to do with Blender installation on my PC?

Comment

Poseidon4o, here is the file you requested. If you go in edit mode and select the middle loop and try to ctrl+B it should crash.
            Attached Files

Comment

No crashing here, latest Vray for Blender build.
              Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Thanks, JuhaW, this means there's something wrong with my Workstation then. Will have to reinstall Windows and check RAM.
                Guys, thank so much for helping me out. I will get back once I have resolved this issue.

Comment

I can't reproduce the crash either. You can try to remove the user data for blender (settings, startup scene, etc) and re-install it.
                  The user data is located in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79" but you might want to back up or copy it somewhere before deleting.

Also what is you OS version?

Comment

Hi poseidon4o, I use Win10 Pro which is up to date. I will give it try. If it won't work I will just reinstall the entire system then. Again, many thanks for checking it.

Comment

Guys, thank you for helping me out. Eventually I have fixed the issue. I didn't even have to reinstall Windows. Searching for a similar code of error on the Microsoft support website, I found a treat related to the .dll file that had crashed. It turned out that .NET Frameworks were turned off as default. Once I turned them on and increased virtual memory limit (a physical memory multiplied 1.5) all the problems gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X