Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalness + Glossiness 1.0 not reflecting Point and Spot lights

Hi,

my Point and Spot lights are not being reflected in metal objects with glossiness at 1.0. They only start appearing when lowering it, such as 0,95.
    That's not how I would expect it to behave. Am I missing something?

Area and hemi seems to be reflecting fine.

I searched the net, docs, reinstalled both blender and V-ray, fiddled with settings.

I am attaching the blend file I was experimenting in along with screenshots. What is happening is that there is a point light which is not seen in the metal sheet ahead. The diffuse sheet on the right catches the point light with no problem and even the metal sheet can see the reflected point light's light on the diffuse sheet.

Sowelu
    Attached Files

try to contact support directly because you will wait for very long time here

Comment

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
      try to contact support directly because you will wait for very long time here
      Thanks for the heads up. I am in no special hurry this time. I'll wait a day or two and then I'll give them a shout. I am not even sure it's a bug. It might be intentional for some reason or I might be missing something with the reflection behavior.

Comment

Ive tried with different lights and only point one has this behavior

Comment

I tested also and Spot light disappear when reflect glossiness is 1. Point light (sphere mode) works.
          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Originally posted by Edward_007 View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I am in no special hurry this time. I'll wait a day or two and then I'll give them a shout. I am not even sure it's a bug. It might be intentional for some reason or I might be missing something with the reflection behavior.
            That's how point/spot lights work, it's not a bug.

They are both emitting light from an infinitely small point (not possible in reality), so they cannot be reflected by a perfect mirror ( glossiness=1 ).

You can either use a small spherical light instead of the point light, or decrease the glossiness.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

That's how point/spot lights work, it's not a bug.

They are both emitting light from an infinitely small point (not possible in reality), so they cannot be reflected by a perfect mirror ( glossiness=1 ).

You can either use a small spherical light instead of the point light, or decrease the glossiness.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Thank you for explaining the reason why it's so. I suspected it might be something like that. The confusing part was that I can set radius even in Omni.

Solved

Comment

Working...
              X